The Student Room Group

GCSE Maths Module 7?

I have an exam on 21st January 2010 and I know its early to be thinking about this but around that time period, I have other exams - including an early AS exam so I want to plan out when I should start revising for each subject. I find Maths particuarly difficult. When do you guys reckon I should start revising Maths? My school is running classes for my AS RE from 20th November, after the Yr 11 Mocks but thats an early AS so I'm assuming I won't need to start Maths that early? Any ideas?
You said that you have difficulty with Maths so maybe you should start quite early, possibly mid-December.
Make a revision timetable, it really helps :smile:
Good Luck :smile:
Depends how you best work. Do you find doing little bits over a long time effective or do you find doing bigger bits in a short space effective? Personally I would start during the Christmas holidays and start with the trickier things and then go over them every so often. You don't want to start too early else you may reach the point when you get really bored and don't do any before the exam so spreading it out and taking it steady works best IMO :h:
Reply 3
Yeah.. I'm literally borderline C/D on Maths, I find it very difficult....
I don't want to do anything to do with Maths after this year; I'm very much a Humanities & English Girl... I just want to pass Maths really! A 'C' would do me fine..
xoJessicaAnn
Yeah.. I'm literally borderline C/D on Maths, I find it very difficult....
I don't want to do anything to do with Maths after this year; I'm very much a Humanities & English Girl... I just want to pass Maths really! A 'C' would do me fine..

If you find it really difficult then splitting it up into small chunks and not cramming would probably be most effective.
Why don't you start doing revision with your friends now, making it fun and then as time moves on make it harder and stricter revision :smile:
ocr m7? i did this last year in year 10...it was quite easy to be honest...i revised in the last week or so and got a 120/139 UMS without too much revision

good luck :smile:

I'm doing m9 this march---freaking out! its really complicated!
Reply 7
Theliongirl
ocr m7? i did this last year in year 10...it was quite easy to be honest...i revised in the last week or so and got a 120/139 UMS without too much revision

good luck :smile:

I'm doing m9 this march---freaking out! its really complicated!

My class did Module 6. We're currently working towards Module 7, doing the exam in January. We're then doing Module 8 in March and depending on our overall grade, we can either re-take Module 8 or go for Module 9, with the possibility of an A grade.

It probably is a really easy module to most of you guys, but then again... Maths is my absolute worst subject.
xoJessicaAnn
My class did Module 6. We're currently working towards Module 7, doing the exam in January. We're then doing Module 8 in March and depending on our overall grade, we can either re-take Module 8 or go for Module 9, with the possibility of an A grade.

It probably is a really easy module to most of you guys, but then again... Maths is my absolute worst subject.

what year are you in?
I'm in year 11 so M9 will be the last module we do and then out of the 3 modules we've done they add our 2 best (highest) ums mark and add this to our terminal paper which we do in june....which has questions from m6, m7, m8, m9 and m10 (although we wont do m10) but that's if you do higher tier :0

good luck anyway

*read the questions carefully! and revise cumulative frequency...it always comes up!
Reply 9
Theliongirl
what year are you in?
I'm in year 11 so M9 will be the last module we do and then out of the 3 modules we've done they add our 2 best (highest) ums mark and add this to our terminal paper which we do in june....which has questions from m6, m7, m8, m9 and m10 (although we wont do m10) but that's if you do higher tier :0

good luck anyway

*read the questions carefully! and revise cumulative frequency...it always comes up!

yeah im doing the same modules and then the terminal paper. :smile:
has anyone got a link to past grade boundaries or information like that? like, how many marks would i have to get on M7 to get my C?
Reply 11
I did module 7, my teacher told me it was approximately 15 marks on each paper (both papers were out of 25) so therefore aim for about 30/50? Good luck! =)

Latest