Turn on thread page Beta

Leaving class above certain temperature watch

ReputationRep:
    I have heard rumours that when the room temperature in a classroom goes above a certain temperature we are legally allowed to leave class. Is such legislation true and if so what are the details of said law. Thanks.

PS: I heard it was something like 35° celcius

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there's anything about too high a temp, but I did hear that if it drops below a certain temp, eg the heating turns off, then we can go home

ReputationRep:
    when the room temperature is WHAT in a classroom? If its "when the room temperature in a class room" - well, there's ALWAYS a room temperature, so does that mean one never has to go to school? huH?

ReputationRep:
    I heard the same thing but about cold - when it was really freezing one time everyone turned the heaters off and opened all the windows :rofl:

there are no legal requirements over the tempreature, however, the recommended temp is between 13 (where effort is reqd) to 18 (office work) upto 25.

ReputationRep:
    My school has had a long run of burst pipes and failed heating systems. For a few days in the science block in the winter we had to put Bunsens all round the room to get it toasty.

(Original post by silverjonny)
    My school has had a long run of burst pipes and failed heating systems. For a few days in the science block in the winter we had to put Bunsens all round the room to get it toasty.
    get into boiler room. there is a large switch what controls everything.

ReputationRep:
    when i was in Germany this time 3 years ago they sent home all the pupils early because it was really hot. Never happened at my school, even when it's freezing we don't get sent home.
    It can seriously be too hot to concentrate on work

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.