The Student Room Group
Reply 1
1.LSE
2.Warwick

Big Gap

3.Bristol/Manchester/Nottingham/Bath..etc
Reply 2
Dont rate bath higher coz its there 1st year for Acc n Finance but still i would say rankings do tell a little if not much anywayz i would say
LSE
Warwick
Loughborough
Nottingham
Lancaster (Excellent for Management)

City/Manchester/Queens Belfast(Finance program is better than the combine degree infact they only offer finance not acc n finance)

look at complete business schools n overall uni rankings too u will have a better idea.
Reply 3
Janealams
Dont rate bath higher coz its there 1st year for Acc n Finance but still i would say rankings do tell a little if not much anywayz i would say

I wouldn't think it matters too much as the course structure is similar to the BBA course. Infact the 1st year is identical.
Reply 4
heres a useful link

hope it works
Reply 5
I didn't know Loughborough was so high up. The universities I am thinking of apply for Acounting and Finance are:

Sheffield
Loughborough
Warwick
Bath
Southampton
Reply 6
hibbert
I didn't know Loughborough was so high up. The universities I am thinking of apply for Acounting and Finance are:

Sheffield
Loughborough
Warwick
Bath
Southampton

City N Nottingham r better options for acc n finance then SHeffield or Southampton.
Reply 7
The times published a new table not so long ago for Accounting and Finance, it would be worth seeing if you could get hold of that.

As "Janealams" said the top 3 are:
LSE
Warwick
Loughborough

I think he strays wrong lower down the list, not just because it says so in the times :wink: but because you need to make sure that "potential future employers" have "milk runs" at your particular university.
Reply 8
The times university league table is this:

1. LSE *
2. Warwick *
3. Loughborough
4. Bristol *
5. Glasgow
6. Queen's. Belfast
7. Nottingham
8. Edinburgh
=9. Leeds
=9. Durham
-11. City
=11. Southampton *

All the A&F departments that i've been around are marked with a star. Personally, I would rank them in that order. Do remember that they're are other factors to consider other than league tables when choosing universities, VISIT them! You'll see what i mean :wink:
LSE
Warwick
Bristol

Those three get all of the top Accountants and Banks/IBanks coming to recruit their students.

Don't follow league tables, they have nothing to do with the reality of recruiting.

Call a few of the top accounting companies and banks and ask where they recruit most of their students, that's what really matters. You're doing a vocational course so you should be concentrating on which school offers you the best opportunities after.
Call a few of the top accounting companies and banks and ask where they recruit most of their students, that's what really matters. You're doing a vocational course so you should be concentrating on which school offers you the best opportunities after.

That chappy is completely, right - thats exactly what I did
Reply 11
evilcitizen
LSE
Those three get all of the top Accountants and Banks/IBanks coming to recruit their students.

Can you get into IBanks with an Accountaning/Finance degree?, I thought you had to have an economics degree.

Do you think Bath's reputation will increase in the next few years once the AAccounting/finance degree becomes established.

What sort of reputation does Leeds have?

Thanks,
IBanks with an Accountaning/Finance degree?

Most investment bankers are Accountants these days!

With regards to the thread starters question, if you do an accountancy and finance degree and want a shot at the Big 4 and later IB, i know big 4 companies recruit from all sorts of places not just Warwick and LSE. At the end of the day if you want to enter one of these companies you should be aiming for a top 1-10 uni for you chosen course and most important of all get a 2:1 degree MINIMUM. Thats the important bit really.
Reply 13
AlexMaximus, where did you choose to go in the end then? LSE or Warwick?! :smile:
hibbert
Can you get into IBanks with an Accountaning/Finance degree?, I thought you had to have an economics degree.

The bankers I know all took a variety of courses:
Finance at Warwick
Accounting
French & German at Oxford
History at Durham
Business & Management at Nottingham
Classics at Oxford
PPE at Oxford
Chemistry at Imperial

I'm sure most IBankers would agree that the course you choose is much less important than the school you went to, grades you received, class of degree you graduate with, and your interview skills.

Do you think Bath's reputation will increase in the next few years once the AAccounting/finance degree becomes established.

Yes

As for bath, I'm not sure, If you look at what Bath have in terms of facilities and where they're looking to expand (swindon - even though its not the A & F depo which will move) I can't see how this reputation is going to improve unless they come up with some absolutely outstanding fantastic studies, research, etc.

AlexMaximus, where did you choose to go in the end then? LSE or Warwick?!
I went for Warwick (firm) LSE (insurance) in the end! :smile:

Enjoy your time at LSE :smile:, you still might see me there since its grades dependant!

Do you think Bath's reputation will increase in the next few years once the Accounting/finance degree becomes established.

Yes

As for bath, I'm not sure, If you look at what Bath have in terms of facilities and where they're looking to expand (swindon - even though its not the A & F depo which will move) I can't see how this reputation is going to improve unless they come up with some absolutely outstanding fantastic studies, research, etc.

AlexMaximus, where did you choose to go in the end then? LSE or Warwick?!
I went for Warwick (firm) LSE (insurance) in the end! :smile:

Enjoy your time at LSE :smile:, you still might see me there since its grades dependant!
Reply 17
I have narrowed it down to 4. Which university would you say is best for Accountancy and Finance out of the following:

Bath
Leeds
Sheffield
Southampton
hibbert
I have narrowed it down to 4. Which university would you say is best for Accountancy and Finance out of the following:

Bath
Leeds
Sheffield
Southampton

Bath or Sheffield, it's hard to say which. They're about the same, depends on which employer you talk to.
Reply 19
Wat would you say was better, Aston (accounting for management) or Sheffield (Accounting and Financial Management)?

Also, at Manchester, you get a BAEcon which I think is quite odd as I haven't seen this degree elsewhere and was wondering if it was any different to a BA??

Latest

Trending

Trending