Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has everybody confirmed their a level subjects yet? My school says they have to be confirmed ON the 26 august, this best as well mean you can change them according to your gcse results, cos i aint even sure what a levels i want to do. i will axe my school about it tomorrow, but does anyone have an idea of the general deadline for choice?

- keep it gangsta baby...

ReputationRep:
    At my school we have made 4 provisional choices for AS Level, so that the school knows how many people to expect in the 6th Form and can start to organise a timeteable. However, they have said thatif anyone'sresults are better [ or worse] then expected, then they can always change their mind on result day on August 25th.

ReputationRep:
    yeh same here, i had to fill in a form with my subjects, i was just hoping that **** wasnt final, cos i didnt have no time to consider the best options and ****

- in return im kidnappin his babys mother...

ReputationRep:
    We just had to select 4 subject from 5 option blocks that we were interested in taking, mainly to see how many people were interested in staying on for 6th form. A lot of people were quite p*ssed off with the blocks.

ReputationRep:
    At my school if you want more then one subject in a block, then you just go to a different school in the borough via organised minibus for one of the conflicting subjects.

I enroll for 6th form on 5th September, gives a bit of thinking time after results day.

ReputationRep:
    no these arent my final choices, apprantly we can change them on results day or something. we enroll on the 6th september at the sixth form i think.... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    It could be different at other schools, but in my experience final is never final. I have an incredibliy indecisive friend who only got settled about 2 weeks into term. Lots of us changed on registration day etc
    Your school won't force you to take a subject you don't want to do anymore as you will not perform as well
    The only exception might be for a very small course like Further Maths, Textiles or Philosophy where they want 6 people to run it, and without you the quota is lost and other people couldn't study

ReputationRep:
    oh my god, our schol already made us fill those option forms, i'll be dead if that was final :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Urgh...

At my school, we basically chose our A-levels like a few terms ago, but to confirm them, we have to go back to school a day before everyone else (I think 29th or 30th August), and run around the school trying to find our teachers, and the heads of departments so that we can get them to sign a piece of paper to confirm our choices...

A bit of a pain really!

ReputationRep:
    I got a letter sent home with all my AS subjects on it, but i guess they arent safe until you know what your GCSE grades were.

ReputationRep:
    We had to fill in a form with them on it, but you can change if need to, like they will only let you do a subject for AS if you got at least a B, so you could change one if you didnt get the grade.

ReputationRep:
    I chose mine in Jan, they're not going to kick us out even if we don't get the required all Bs. Happens every year

ReputationRep:
    I think at my school you're allowed to change if you don't like your subject choices in the first few weeks of term....

we've all had to give our choices in, but there's no problem if we want to change them.

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Yeah my school does that, i will probably have to change some of my subjects on results day actually. I think they give you up to a maximum of 2 weeks to change your mind, because if you come into a new class after that there is loads of ctaching up to do etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    my school sent out letters to people today who cannot do their choices for one reason or another

luckily mine were unaffected

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.