Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Vile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    Vile

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

ReputationRep:
    It seems a bit harsh but it wont kill you to stop wearing a scarf.

A group of people have obviously researched this and you would hope that these elected members are reasonably responsible. There must be positive reasons for why they want this even if it seems to be an abuse of peoples' beliefs on the surface.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael Beaver)

A group of people have obviously researched this and you would hope that these elected members are reasonably responsible. There must be positive reasons for why they want this even if it seems to be an abuse of peoples' beliefs on the surface.

It wouldn't kill people to not go to church but no one in their right mind would ban that

ReputationRep:

Lol @ your naievety.

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ your naievety.
    LOL @ your cynicism

There's never one side to an arguement especially when dealing with an elected body of people. Maybe they have a distorted frame of reference but they will have a justifyable point. I will read this again when I have more time and provide a more informed arguement.

ReputationRep:
    i couldn't be botherered to look at the link but is this about the new laws in France. If so i think its a terrible infringement of someones civil liberties to be banned from wearing a head scarf if it's oart of their religion.

ReputationRep:
    yep theres lots of problems in France because the school system is meant to be secular.

seems quite stupid to me, personally - as long as the teacher doesnt try to actively convert students, i guess...

ReputationRep:
    :mad: i think its very stupid, ppl shud b allowed 2 dress however they like
    wearing a scarf wont kill the children

ReputationRep:
    .....and why scarfs............. i dont see turbans being banned!

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ your naievety.
    Why don't you explain points instead of cynically criticising others? What makes you think that you're so above everyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Its really easy to say something is stupid but there must have been a case study or something along those lines performed.

How scared are we all of terrorists these days? I think things like this give us an answer to that.

ReputationRep:
    The only thing I object to is that "Christian and Jewish symbols are not included in the ban", which seems a bit unfair. Apparently it's to protect students from a "fundamentalist influence"; how they can justify that is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    Its really easy to say something is stupid but there must have been a case study or something along those lines performed.

How scared are we all of terrorists these days? I think things like this give us an answer to that.
    terrorists?? wot has this got 2 do with terrorists?
    i wear a scarf, and i'm proud of it............. does that mean i approve of terrorism??

ReputationRep:
    you realise they mean the headscarfs?

and its got to do with terrorists because lots of people seem to think that all muslim people are terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    Vile
    its understandable. i wouldnt really want to be taught by someone wearing a prominent religious symbol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    i wear a scarf, and i'm proud of it............. does that mean i approve of terrorism??
    "fundamentalist influence"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    Apologees if you thought I consider people with scarfs terrorists. Thats sounds very wrong!! I withdraw that comment entirely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    its understandable. i wouldnt really want to be taught by someone wearing a prominent religious symbol.
    well, why not?

just because they're religious doesnt mean they're trying to convert you. in fact it probably has little / nothing to do with what youre learning about.

would you object to being served in a shop / restaurant by someone wearing a headscarf ? or a cross?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikzen)
    you realise they mean the headscarfs?

and its got to do with terrorists because lots of people seem to think that all muslim people are terrorists.
    i know it's headscarf

anyway, i dont think most of the terrorists are muslims cos they dont act like one........................ personally i think G.W.Bush can be defined as a terrorist, he killed many innocent ppl in afghanistan and iraq....... for the "good" of the ppl

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.