The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i agree it wasn't too bad... neone have the answers to it. I don't have mine, but i'm sure i'll be able to recognise some...
Reply 2
wat tha *** u lot on.,..that was sum HARD ****...and i average 90z all da time
i got bout 20/75
Reply 3
Wot did u people get for Question 6 heres my answers
1)a)35
b)14.9
2a)31/11
b)15/77
3a)c=4
b) -36i + 8j
4a) 1.8m
b)6.75
5a) 2/3
b) proof
6a) -----------
b) ---------
c)--------
7a)117.6J
b) 10N
c) 0.393
d) 5.4
Reply 4
Err.. can't remember all the questions but some answers i can remember...

center of mass from AB was 3cm and k was 1/7?

Q6 PE = 117.6J , the frictional force i got about 10N
Q7 Thrust in the rod was 1018N

Overall, I do remember getting lots of decimal places to answers when the question didnt say "to 3 s.f"
Reply 5
I thought it was a great exam.
Reply 6
Thought it was... relatively ok...!!! :-)

Here are my answers!!!

1)a)35
b)14.6
2a)3
b)2/7
3a)c=4
b) -36i + 8j = 36.9 ms-2
4a) 1.8m
b)6.75
5a) 2/3
b) easy proof
6a) 1018N
b) 778N
c) was that the one where you had to show no vertical reaction component? If yes... easy
7a)118J
b) 10.1N
c) 0.395
d) 5.37 ms-1

Good luck to anyone doing P4 & P6 ! Looking forward to it!! :-)
wasnt the thrust 1800N...is thrust the same as the tension like in a string??

i did 1.5*30g=T. cos Φ
Reply 8
for Q6 i got
a) 1018N
b) aprox 777N
c)proof
Yeh my thrust in the rod was something like 1018N

For k i got 0.14, ie 1/7
In general what sort of raw mark do you need in m2 for an A?
not wat i got :frown:....how can u say that was easy???
I would say it was harder than usual
Yep i've just added it to a long list of soon-to-be retakes :frown: . Ah well, assess the damage in August...
i dnt knw y i found it soo bad...i jst lost ma concentrtion...bludy chemistry yestrday...i focused on that too much :frown:
Chuckles_IV
Yep i've just added it to a long list of soon-to-be retakes :frown: . Ah well, assess the damage in August...

at least u have the luxury...A2 no going back...g2 make plans for ma year out :mad: :frown:
Reply 16
Definatley one of the hardest M2 exams I've ever tried. Topped by the June '03 paper, that was a total bitch, this was just a bitch who stole your razor sometimes and shaved her 'pits with it.
Reply 17
I have a memory like a seive, so I'm afraid I can't remember most of my answers now :p: But does anyone know if M2 could be substituted for M3 in the further maths grade? Not too bad, had to sit down and think a bit for the last couple of questions.
PhoenixSTL
I have a memory had to sit down and think a bit for the last couple of questions.

You normally do exams standing up? :wink:
i wud normall find that hilarious but ma sence of humour has been drained out and substituted by rage...luk im still talkin chem speAK...i h8 u edexcel...im gonna find the CEO and shred him up....seriouSSSS!!

Latest