6a) -----------
    b) ---------
    c)--------
    7a)117.6J
    b) 10N
    c) 0.393
    d) 5.4
    Mine is almost exactly the same as yours, except 6 as i dunno wt u wrote~
    For Q.2, if u round up to 3 in part (a), then the answer in (b) will be different from the one if u use 31/11 in part (a)....

ReputationRep:
    Kinda tricky. I guess thatsums it up for me. I estimate (hell of an estimate) that i don't need more than about 65% for an A - i reckin i got about 90%. Chuffed

That last question was a bugger tho - i got 7.3, 10.1, 7.01 as various different answers each time i tried it, all of which are obviously wrong! rats.

ReputationRep:
    that frame Q was IMPOSSIBLE...bludy sideways line...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

ReputationRep:
    i got a slower speed even after fordham moved back...all i cud think about was his fat ass movin around infront of a dartboard...ahhh...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackin boi)
    at least u have the luxury...A2 no going back...g2 make plans for ma year out :mad:
    :dito:

(Original post by simiddd)
    Wot did u people get for Question 6 heres my answers
    1)a)35
    b)14.9
    2a)31/11
    b)15/77
    3a)c=4
    b) -36i + 8j
    4a) 1.8m
    b)6.75
    5a) 2/3
    b) proof
    6a) -----------
    b) ---------
    c)--------
    7a)117.6J
    b) 10N
    c) 0.393
    d) 5.4
    ! yeahhh got the same!! but cant remember for question 2 though..was that centre of mass? if so, i got 3cm

ReputationRep:
    on Q6 was there a loss in PE and a loss in KE?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone clarify Q2, i too got 31/11. The lengths of the trapezium were 7 along the top, 4 along the bottom and 4 on the side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mackin boi)
    i dnt knw y i found it soo bad...i jst lost ma concentrtion...bludy chemistry yestrday...i focused on that too much
    Yeh me too...... i did so much revision for chemirstry didnt get time for m2....the on top of tht i had to stay undr supervision till 4.30 so when i gt home it was 5.00 so i basically all the revision i did 4 m2 was like look thru past papers

ReputationRep:
    31/11 is the right answer OH YES!

ReputationRep:
    AHH C4 SAVE ME PLEASEEE...FUK CHEM 6 AND FYSIX 6...C4 AL THE WAY...HU EVA HERD OF A TAMIL NOT GETIN AN A IN MAFZ (THAT AINT RACIST I THInk)....

ReputationRep:
    That was a really nice M2 exam! I was so glad that the collisions question wasn't at the end because they're awful when they don't give you numbers and ask for the range of 'e'. I'm sure I ballsed some of it up but I managed to get through it in time, a first in a mechanics exam!

One more exam to go... Physics synoptic on Monday... eeek!

(Original post by jmzcherry)
    Can anyone clarify Q2, i too got 31/11. The lengths of the trapezium were 7 along the top, 4 along the bottom and 4 on the side.

is that the centre of mass?

by the way, it was not a lamina.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jmzcherry)

:eek: I got 3cm for that. Did you do it as a solid shape or as a wire? I thought it was a wire?

Oh and can anyone remember the question on Q3?

(Original post by davedave)
    :eek: I got 3cm for that. Did you do it as a solid shape or as a wire? I thought it was a wire?
    yes! the answer was 3!...it was wire not a solid shape!

ReputationRep:
    could someone go through the so called "easy proof" for Q 5b?

In the exam I got the speed of b after collision was greater than that of A so I panicked a bit there but didn't have time to redo it. WHere as someone told me that B came to rest.

However I have just done it now, and found that the speed of B is 2/7 u - is this correct?!?

probly best if someone goes through it.

Also, the persoin talking about a trapezium thing, that is wrong, you ahvee to treat it as rods. In the exam, I wasted time by not reading the question and so treating it as a triangle and a square, where I then read it and realised it was rods, so I left the question out and came back to it at the end. If you treat it as rods, the answers I got there cofm from ab is 3cm and the value of k is 1/7

The Thrust question made me **** myself - someone promised there would be no thrust question this time :P Still, aparently I might have not done too bad?

for first part, take moments from A, : T cos 30 * 05 = 1.5 * 30 g where T is the thrust - is this right?

then for 2nd part: resolve horizontally: Reaction of wall = T sin 30
    Resolve vertically: reaction of wall = T cos 30 - 30 g

At first, I only resolved horizontally, since I thought there would only be a horizonal force ?!? and then I read the next part, part c and realised that there is a vertical as well, as it says, prove that there now is only a horizontal reaction, haha.

You actually get that the wall hinge thing is pushing it down which is quite crazy it seems

So, then you do a the resultant = square root of (horizontal ^2 + vertical ^s)

and for part c: take moments from M, therefore in equilibrium, so 1.5 * vertical reaction of wall = 0 => vertical reaction of the wall = 0.

Is this right?

Cheers, Daniel

ReputationRep:
    It was a wire...

Why the hell would anyone bend a trapezium out of a wire in the first place, they should have put it into context... "Paul was a bored student who had just found a paper-clip..."

ReputationRep:
    For the centre of mass i got 3cm from AB
    So taking moments about midpoint of BC gave
    0.5 M = 3.5 k M
    So 1 = 7 k

k = 1/7 maybeeee??!!!!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 26, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  2. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
  3. University of Aberdeen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.