The Student Room Group

Pain Killers

Ok if you're a guy you might wanna look away now

Ok basically for the last however many years i've suffered from dysmenorrhea and all that jazz
Had so much time off school for crazy pad-per-30-min bleeding and pain so bad it makes me throw up. Nice eh?

Anyway i've been on a lot of things but i came off mycrogynon 30 this time last year and i've been not too bad since. It's finally got better as i've grown up. But once every so often I get Period pain so badly i'm literally cramped in a ball and puking cos it hurts so much. Today is gonna be one of those days - i can just tell when it's starting badly

I have my Bio synoptic paper in 3 hours and i cant afford to be like that - so i'm taking every painkiller i can that won't interfere with each other (you know how you can take ibuprofen and paracetamol together? Well i've got both of them AND codeine AND mefanamic acid)

Can you think of anything else to help??
Reply 1
Bekaboo
Ok if you're a guy you might wanna look away now

Ok basically for the last however many years i've suffered from dysmenorrhea and all that jazz
Had so much time off school for crazy pad-per-30-min bleeding and pain so bad it makes me throw up. Nice eh?

Anyway i've been on a lot of things but i came off mycrogynon 30 this time last year and i've been not too bad since. It's finally got better as i've grown up. But once every so often I get Period pain so badly i'm literally cramped in a ball and puking cos it hurts so much. Today is gonna be one of those days - i can just tell when it's starting badly

I have my Bio synoptic paper in 3 hours and i cant afford to be like that - so i'm taking every painkiller i can that won't interfere with each other (you know how you can take ibuprofen and paracetamol together? Well i've got both of them AND codeine AND mefanamic acid)

Can you think of anything else to help??

i would say make yourself a period-pain cocktail a la grace :smile:...one mefenamic acid, two ibuprofen and an evening primrose oil tablet. Seems to do the trick better than anything.

I would definately advice you NOT to take codeine..if i remember correctly it makes you SOOOO drowsy which isn't good if you've got an exam! But i might be getting that mixed up with codcomol..meh, dunno. sowwy.
Reply 2
Lol well the codeine is already in me - but thanks for the heads up about evening primrose

I've got some somewhere and i'd totally forgotten that that helped!!

Besides - i'm so wired with adrenaline it'd have a job to make me drowsy!!
Reply 3
I advise you see a doctor. Taking that many drugs is not going to be healthy.
Reply 4
huni i know this is probably the last thing you want to do but you must eat something
you shouldnt take painkillers on an empty stomach it can cause ulcers
Reply 5
get a doctors note.. then at least the exam board will know you are ill etc for extra credit!
Reply 6
Unfort to get an appt at my doctors i'd have needed to call them at 8am - and i didn't cos this only started an hour ago

Technically all of those painkillers can be taken separately so it's not too bad

And don't worry i ate breakfast - and i'll eat lunch pretty soon - and i've been drinking constantly so i'll be ok. The throwing up will only start if i don't get it under control. I'm ok for the moment - just pretty uncomfortable
Reply 7
Take some coffee or pro plus to counter act the drowsiness of the codeine and phone or just go straight to the docs now for a note. Take your exam timetable with you and demand to see someone for a note.

Latest

Trending

Trending