ReputationRep:
    Received my results of the French Baccalauréat , got a Mention Très bien
    I don't have my complete results yet, but I thus have at least 80%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingsComp)
    Well, I got offers for two masters:

MSc Advanced Computing (Computational Management) @ Imperial
    MSc International Management @ Kings

And im currently waiting for the result of my assessement center at PwC.

If I get the offer for employment at PwC I will most probably take the job, if not ill probably take the International Management masters at Kings.

Although the Advanced Computing course at Imperial is a good course, its just not the career path I want to take as I want to go into Accountancy and a Management masters would be more suitable, also the Management masters gives me exemptions from the ACA exams .
    that's pretty amazing stuff well done

but just wondering, why do you want to do a masters and then go into accountancy? i'm sure any of the top 5 firms will accept you.... you've got computer science AND you've got management and both of those areas are really attractive to an employer

Although the masters will give you excemption from a few exams, why do you want to do a masters? to expand your knowledge even more or what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matthieum)
    Received my results of the French Baccalauréat , got a Mention Très bien
    I don't have my complete results yet, but I thus have at least 80%

GAVAGE!!! Tu dois être trop fier de toi!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see this thread woops

Well done kingscomp it must have been very difficult to get such a high mark.

Just got my official results in the post today, I got 66.7% which is a 2:1. I had to work extremely hard to get that 2:1, one of the maths assignments and some team work modules stopped me getting a 1st as I was getting late 60's to 70's in my computing assignments.

So in a couple of weeks time I will graduating with a 2:1 in Multimedia and Internet Technology. Not amazing but considering how bad my secondary school was (in the top 10 worst in the country) I don't think I did badly.

Also as for lazyness one of my mates didn't pull his weight and left everything to the last minute, he just scraped a 3rd.

My plan now is just to get a job, I might do a masters in a few years time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    I didn't see this thread woops

Well done kingscomp it must have been very difficult to get such a high mark.

Just got my official results in the post today, I got 66.7% which is a 2:1. I had to work extremely hard to get that 2:1, one of the maths assignments and some team work modules stopped me getting a 1st as I was getting late 60's to 70's in my computing assignments.

So in a couple of weeks time I will graduating with a 2:1 in Multimedia and Internet Technology. Not amazing but considering how bad my secondary school was (in the top 10 worst in the country) I don't think I did badly.

Also as for lazyness one of my mates didn't pull his weight and left everything to the last minute, he just scraped a 3rd.

My plan now is just to get a job, I might do a masters in a few years time.
    What job are you going to do? What masters degree would you might do and would you do it in the same university? You will be accepted to a masters program as most of them want a 2:1 or above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    What job are you going to do? What masters degree would you might do and would you do it in the same university? You will be accepted to a masters program as most of them want a 2:1 or above.
    Out of interest, how many masters programmes have you applied to, to feel that you can give out definitive information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    Out of interest, how many masters programmes have you applied to, to feel that you can give out definitive information?
    I saw some masters program in my free time. Some of them want a 2:1 or above or 2:2 or above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    I saw some masters program in my free time. Some of them want a 2:1 or above or 2:2 or above.

Sorry? Could you answer my question? Which ones have you al=pplied to and which ones have accepted you?

ReputationRep:
    I could apply for quite a few masters, I had considered applying for a research masters in which I would have got about £5k worth of burseries for, but due to department riverly I wouldn't have had much chance.

At this stage for the area I want to go into a masters won't help, experience is now what matters, once I have that experience I could do an MBA or somthing and get into consultancy. That is a long way of yet.

Also most universities are happy with a 2:2 for masters if you're the right person. Even a 2:2 is not easy to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trev)
    Yeh but for what unis. If you want to go somewhere decent im sure they'd look at your acedemic backround, alevels, uni and what degree you have, as getting a 2.1 from some places is alot easier than getting a 2.1/2.2 from others like LSE. My friend at UCL has rejected for a Masters at Bristol even though he's predicted a high 2.1 maybe 1st.

ReputationRep:
    Trev clearly hasnt applied for any masters programmes, he's not even at university yet. I think people know that. He was just stating that after the research he's done, the unis he found wanted generally a 2.1 or above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jandarini)
    GAVAGE!!! Tu dois être trop fier de toi!
    17.36 see you in London :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    Trev clearly hasnt applied for any masters programmes, he's not even at university yet. I think people know that. He was just stating that after the research he's done, the unis he found wanted generally a 2.1 or above.
    Indeed.

I have too much spare time on researching these stuff. I saw some uni's that want 2:2 or above too (I mentioned in this thread a while ago, and AT82 mentioned it in his post too).

ReputationRep:
    17.36 see you in London :p:

P*taaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiin c'est excellent, j'aurais jamais crû que t'étais une tête!! lol! Encore bravo, j'ai hâte de te voir!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to everyone that passed!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jandarini)
    P*taaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiin c'est excellent, j'aurais jamais crû que t'étais une tête!! lol! Encore bravo, j'ai hâte de te voir!
    mais t'es jamais sur MSN :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    mais t'es jamais sur MSN :rolleyes:

T'inquiète, normalement je serai connectée à partir de la semaine prochaine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Richy Rich$$)
    Bon, Bref, revenons a nos mouton French people! It is easy to get funding for a research masters, and does that depend on your degree classification?
    Is it easy????

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.