ReputationRep:
    mean i got 180.5
    s.d i got sumthin like 5. sumthin

ive no idea if im right!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucasharrison)
    390 good at spanish
    p(good at spanish)=0.78
    that means 500 people alltogether ( 390/0.78=500)
    p(french)=0.8
    0.8x500=400
    Very clever! Probably didn't help that i read the question wrong tho! nevermind, not worth worrying about- no more stats ever! yay!

ReputationRep:
    **** there goes another 3 marks. or how many marks was that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- 3 marks, but u can't have done that badly...most of my friends came to virtually no lessons, did almost no revision, and will hopefully bring the boundaries down! Damn those year 10s tho- they're gonna do way better cos they only had one sodding exam to revise for :mad:

ReputationRep:
    what did u get for question when u had to calculae the weighted mean for histograms. i dont rly remember what was that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    what did u get for question when u had to calculae the weighted mean for histograms. i dont rly remember what was that.
    I don't remember that one- i thought it was the median that u had to estimate.....or was there another question too?

ReputationRep:
    it was the median, how did u do it?

ReputationRep:
    oh yer median
    well i found the total cumulative frequency on the table. it was something like 120+1/2=60.5 th value. then find the cululative frequency which includes the 60.5th value on the table. then find the mid interval value of the class width the median lies in.is it right?

ReputationRep:
    i beg god to make grade boundaries lower this year. please god plzzz plzzzz i beg u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    oh yer median
    well i found the total cumulative frequency on the table. it was something like 120+1/2=60.5 th value. then find the cululative frequency which includes the 60.5th value on the table. then find the mid interval value of the class width the median lies in.is it right?
    My mathematician friend says 'yes probably' izzie

ReputationRep:
    lol, who is maths friend?

ReputationRep:
    Please, please, please tell me that the total *** freq was 125 not 120- i was looking for the 63rd value on the basis that median = n+1 / 2 and i read it as 125. sod it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    lol, who is maths friend?
    lol hes not a member of TSR but hes ive just spoken to him, he gets A*s in maths and stats etc etc, he says your probably right which is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gothic pixie)
    Please, please, please tell me that the total *** freq was 125 not 120- i was looking for the 63rd value on the basis that median = n+1 / 2 and i read it as 125. sod it!
    i think it doesnt matter, because 63rd and 60.5 th values are included in the same class width so u should have got the right median in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    lol hes not a member of TSR but hes ive just spoken to him, he gets A*s in maths and stats etc etc, he says your probably right which is good
    lol thats goood. ask him about the last question.lol

ReputationRep:
    What did you get for an answer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    lol thats goood. ask him about the last question.lol
    I have, he said he didnt know because even he fonud it quite hard, i asked him whether it was 108.33333 and he said maybe but he says he thought it might be higher than that...anything you want asked just pass it on..

ReputationRep:
    i didnt use calculations. I said that the maximum value for the mean with s.d. of 10, meaning with distribution of 100 is 150, because half of 100 goes on one side and half on other. I just imagines the distribution graph.lol. So in the end the volume should have been more than 150ml.lol. I am not rly sure.

ReputationRep:
    I got 153 point something if that rings any bells...

ReputationRep:
    lol.how did u do ur calculations?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.