Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    i think it doesnt matter, because 63rd and 60.5 th values are included in the same class width so u should have got the right median in the end.
    Yeah, but i didn't use the midpoint- i worked out where the 63rd value should lie in the category by working out what 10 was as a proportion of 35 (class width and value that 63 was within class) and added it onto the lower class bound....i don't know if that's right but 4 marks seemed like a lot for just finding the value and midpoint so i figured i'd be more accurate....

ReputationRep:
    Ok - To what extent do you get working questions?

Sposing you had a Standard Deviation question and its worth 4 marks and I

Wrote down the SD formula
    Did columns for x, fx, fx squared e.t.c
    Did all the calculations
    But came out with a wrong answer

How many of them 4 marks am i likely to get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    i think it was like 0.8*0.9+0.2*0.3
    lol
    so it is 0.78
    i dont know for sure.
    for fish pond it was something like
    300/14 and then times 100. I dont know whether it is right.lol.
    yes thats what i got!! is it right ..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    **** it. i wanna shoot myself. I self taught myself, spending 2 hours every day. It feels so **** I ****ed up. I rly wanted a high grade, but now I see it is over. BTw what did u get for standard deviation and mean? I got 180 for mean and something like 30 with something for s.d.
    i got the same as this too..

ReputationRep:
    Izzy and Experiment - Why do you have the same avatar?

ReputationRep:
    dunno, she is copying me.lol.

ReputationRep:
    so wot did everyone get for the standardised unemployment rate and how many weddings on the time series?

ReputationRep:
    wat weddings?dont remember any weddings.

ReputationRep:
    u know the graph with a time series and u had to do the moving averages... it was 4 marks an i was like whyyyyyy

ReputationRep:
    ahhh, oh yer. so u draw the trend line by plotting moving averages. then u work out average seasonal effect. then using trend line u find the moving average of 3rd quarter of the last year. then u sum average seasonal effect and the moving average.

ReputationRep:
    i got the same kinda answer for the fish!woooohoooo!
    standard deviation is the square root of 1300 i think(i'm not 100%) so that did leave it at 36. something!gothic pixie, i did the same thing as you 4 the median.it was 125 because i distinctly remember lookin 4 da 63rd value. then again i cud be wrong!
    to find the median i added 200 (cos it was the lowest value in the grouping where the median was placed) to the product of 10/35 (as 10 values in was where the median was placed, out of thirty five values) and 10 (as this was the class width). i learnt how to do it from a text book last night, so glad i did!but then again it mighnt even be right!
    200+(10/35*10)=202.857
    i thought 202.857 might be right as the grouping was between 200 and 210, which makes it possible!unlike most of my other calculations!

ReputationRep:
    i got 200 and something for both the unemployment rates but i really think they're wrong. i really should have grabbed a spare copy of the paper b4 i left!

ReputationRep:
    r we allowed to grab them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    dunno, she is copying me.lol.
    lol sorry - unintended

ReputationRep:
    i was just joking sweetie.lol.

ReputationRep:
    well u are in my school wen the exam time is up, cos thats the time they collect all the extras (no shows!) and give them 2 the teachers 4 the year 11s to practice on and 4 the teachers to judge 4 themselves what they thought.

i've never really asked though, just grabbed, so maybe its at the exam invigilators discretion whether or not (S)he lets u take one.

if we asked they would probably tell us that the paper costs too much and the departments are on a budget so they cant just be giving away the extra copies!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the one where you had to estimate a value for the 3rd season or whtever? What did people get?

ReputationRep:
    The exam was pretty nasty! Everyone said it was hard, but that's probably because he hardly had any lessons for stats (they were outside normal lessons) and people rarely showed up. I thought it was (a lot) harder than past papers! Hoping for an A, although it might be a B.

ReputationRep:
    It was hard wasnt it? An "A" grade last year was 69% - but i think that was alot harder so do you think the grade boundary will go down? And if so, by how much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davror)
    It was hard wasnt it? An "A" grade last year was 69% - but i think that was alot harder so do you think the grade boundary will go down? And if so, by how much?
    I dunno, but normally they don't change that significantly from year to year. Hoping it does this year though!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.