Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final_F)
    Yeah I got that I believe! Welcome, by the way.

Standardised unemployment rate is ∑(crude rate*standard pop.)/∑(standard pop.) Right?
    Doesn't that just make crude data as standard pop/standard pop= 0

ReputationRep:
    just remembered, 4 the 3rd quarter thing i got 125000 (i think)
    that ring any bells???!!!

ReputationRep:
    Well I got 121,000 - but it was an estimate rite? So it could have been anything around there i think :rolleyes: ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final_F)
    Yeah I got that I believe! Welcome, by the way.

Standardised unemployment rate is ∑(crude rate*standard pop.)/∑(standard pop.) Right?
    Yes i *THINK* so, says in book anyway, but i hope it's right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon123)
    Doesn't that just make crude data as standard pop/standard pop= 0
    Really not sure, i'll be peeing my pants if it is lol.

Anyways, standard pop / standard pop would = 1? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaswarbrick)
    Really not sure, i'll be peeing my pants if it is lol.

Anyways, standard pop / standard pop would = 1? :confused:
    lol so it wud.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon123)
    lol so it wud.
    Yeah, I thought it was weird when I worked it out, but the answer made sense and I have checked and it's exactly what it says in the book and revision guide.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IZZY!)
    **** it. i wanna shoot myself. I self taught myself, spending 2 hours every day. It feels so **** I ****ed up. I rly wanted a high grade, but now I see it is over. BTw what did u get for standard deviation and mean? I got 180 for mean and something like 30 with something for s.d.
    I think i got 180.5 for the mean and like 31.7 for standard deviation. (Round about)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaswarbrick)
    I think i got 180.5 for the mean and like 31.7 for standard deviation. (Round about)
    Me too!

ReputationRep:
    For French question;
    390 / 0.78 = 500 students in the school.

In the first part we were asked to fill in the tree diagram.

0.8 probability of being good at French, and 0.2 being bad.

0.8 x 500 = 400 good at French.

Anybody get that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmopolitan)
    i got the same kinda answer for the fish!woooohoooo!
    standard deviation is the square root of 1300 i think(i'm not 100%) so that did leave it at 36. something!gothic pixie, i did the same thing as you 4 the median.it was 125 because i distinctly remember lookin 4 da 63rd value. then again i cud be wrong!
    to find the median i added 200 (cos it was the lowest value in the grouping where the median was placed) to the product of 10/35 (as 10 values in was where the median was placed, out of thirty five values) and 10 (as this was the class width). i learnt how to do it from a text book last night, so glad i did!but then again it mighnt even be right!
    200+(10/35*10)=202.857
    i thought 202.857 might be right as the grouping was between 200 and 210, which makes it possible!unlike most of my other calculations!

Glad to hear u did the same...was beginning to wonder if i had gone completely wrong! However, i got a different answer (205.7....) because after finding 10 as a proportion of 35 i figured u needed to work this out relating to the class width, which i thought was twenty...but maybe i'm wrong....therefore i did 10 / 35 times 20 (5.7...) and added it onto 200... is this wrong? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gothic pixie)
    Glad to hear u did the same...was beginning to wonder if i had gone completely wrong! However, i got a different answer (205.7....) because after finding 10 as a proportion of 35 i figured u needed to work this out relating to the class width, which i thought was twenty...but maybe i'm wrong....therefore i did 10 / 35 times 20 (5.7...) and added it onto 200... is this wrong? :confused:
    not a clue! if the method we used turns out 2 be right then even if u or i haven't got the answer right,we'll probably get most of the marks 4 method anyway! that is, if we've used the right method!lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.