Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any ideas on what/how to revise, esp for the essay paper? I need to revise but I'm feeling very scatterbrained (and also have a stonking hangover! :rolleyes: ) Wonder what the topics will be on the essays. Something easy hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just learning essay phrases/ debating phrases and going through the preparation i did for my oral cause that focused on topical issues too. The best thing to do is just do past papers if you can and try and listen to some french to tune your ear! hope that helps and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    learn lots of topical vocab + revise all grammar from AS + A2

ReputationRep:
    yeah im just learning vocab, and formal letter writing phrases for the task based assignment! I have decided I'm doing that whatever comes up lol...I hate writing essays! This paper is so tricky because you just know that whatever you revise it just wont come up!

ReputationRep:
    Write a dialogue. There, you can write just as you speak. :P lol, but not the slang.

ReputationRep:
    hey does anyone have any past papers for unit 6c? mainly 2001 and 2004... cos i have 2002 and 3.
    i'm going to learn just general essay phrases and maybe some random phrases for a few different topics...
    the questions are usually based on current affairs, right? so it might be helpful to read a few things from www.lemonde.fr
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone! I'm off to colllege now :s

ReputationRep:
    6a) listening was fine, though there was an odd word in the second question - something like hautfigurer? Also, wasn't quite clear what the questions wanted, but overall alright.

6b) Oh my god! this text was so unclear, about who wanted what and why and what had been done. At least 3 of the 5 questions were very difficult to deduce from the text. Have not done well here! Translation had some tricky little phrases but I'm never any good at them. I used "elles" a couple of times IIRC, when speaking about "les chasseurs". Not sure if that was right.

6c) Well, Our college teaches the discursive essays and never before have I seen a worse selection! I ended up doing one on whether we can put a stop to violence (number 7) but the word limit was too constraining to do it justice.

Overall, not a brilliant experience and everyone at college found it difficult.

How did you lot get on?

Tom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nofriends8)
    6a) listening was fine, though there was an odd word in the second question - something like hautfigurer? Also, wasn't quite clear what the questions wanted, but overall alright.

6b) Oh my god! this text was so unclear, about who wanted what and why and what had been done. At least 3 of the 5 questions were very difficult to deduce from the text. Have not done well here! Translation had some tricky little phrases but I'm never any good at them. I used "elles" a couple of times IIRC, when speaking about "les chasseurs". Not sure if that was right.

6c) Well, Our college teaches the discursive essays and never before have I seen a worse selection! I ended up doing one on whether we can put a stop to violence (number 7) but the word limit was too constraining to do it justice.

Overall, not a brilliant experience and everyone at college found it difficult.

How did you lot get on?

Tom

a. I thought the "hautfigurer" word was irrelevant, to be honest. I have no idea what it was either, though.

b. "Arrrrghmahasdsadjddskdkodko d" sums up my thoughts on this paper. The translation was so bad, but the questions were pretty crap. As you said, it was difficult to deduce what the answer was from the questions, but I reckon I got them alright.

c. I did the violence essay as well - wrote about 270 words, and even then, I could have carried on for pages on end.

ReputationRep:
    i did the violence essay too. but i had to quadrouple check the number of words i did because they're VERY strict with word limits. if you go over it, they just draw a line under the 250th word and don't even look at the rest.

going in reverse chronological order, 6b was okish i guess; the translation had a couple of random things in but i thought it was 'ok'.

and the listening, 6a, was 'alrite'.

ReputationRep:
    ( Hazzacpfc, not Sophdoph )

I actually thought the listening was fairly easy, but most of the others in my class found it tough. Hopefully that doesn't mean I fluffed it.

The reading was a pain; the questions were a bit strange and I hate the translation - didn't even finish it and couldn't remember how to say 'therefore' :rolleyes:

However, the discursive essay I've always found easy and the one on demandeurs d'asile was perfect for me.

Since I re-sat my AS's (which were close to an A) I'm hoping that means I have an A in this too... :trytofly:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 28, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.