Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To those of you on here that are doing your GCSEs what are your predicted grades? Do you think you'll achieve them?

To those who have already got your GCSE qualifications, what GCSE grades were you predicted and what did you eventually achieve? Do you think predicting gradesis useful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    To those of you on here that are doing your GCSEs what are your predicted grades? Do you think you'll achieve them?

To those who have already got your GCSE qualifications, what GCSE grades were you predicted and what did you eventually achieve? Do you think predicting gradesis useful?
    i was predicted 6 A's,2B's3C's, i got 9A's,2Bs.
    yes, predictin us useful, it shows ur progress, u know where to spend extra time revising.

ReputationRep:

i am predicted at least a B in both english language and litriture, C in Graphics and a B in maths. The rest of my predicted grades are really bad so i wont post them(didnt see much point of living last year due to depression, so i didnt care about things!) there not that good compared to all the A*'s on here but im not going to be bothered about that! i have tried really hard in english this year and would be so happy with a B!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i am predicted at least a B in both english language and litriture, C in Graphics and a B in maths. The rest of my predicted grades are really bad so i wont post them(didnt see much point of living last year due to depression, so i didnt care about things!) there not that good compared to all the A*'s on here but im not going to be bothered about that! i have tried really hard in english this year and would be so happy with a B!
    Good! Be very proud of yourself! I'm feeling the whole 'These people are so brainy!' thing too, despite being predicted very high grades I doubt I'll get them. But I've realised that as long as you work hard and even if you get E grades then that is just as good as the person who worked hard who gets the A* grades.

ReputationRep:
    Good! Be very proud of yourself! I'm feeling the whole 'These people are so brainy!' thing too, despite being predicted very high grades I doubt I'll get them. But I've realised that as long as you work hard and even if you get E grades then that is just as good as the person who worked hard who gets the A* grades.
    i think its hpw good you do with yourself not compared to other people, if i got a G in english(which i couldnt because im in higher!)i know i would be disapointed be i know i can do better! i believe you should set goals for yourself and if you achieve them then well done to you! it doesnt matter if people got higher than you as long as you truly believe you have tried your hardest you could possibly do! xXx

ReputationRep:
    ive been predicted decent grades. But i dont think ill get them because i can never seem to revise...

ReputationRep:
    didnt get mine yet, but im getting practise papers for my exam next year..

ReputationRep:
    i dont think predicted grades are that much use, i was never told mine before the exams and half my teachers were still saying they hadnt been asked for them in january.
    GCSEs seemed like a bit of a waste of 2 years of my life, did anyone else find that you could sleep in class untill easter and then do a few hours work (learning the printed syllabus)?
    maybe this will catch up with me later in my Alevels!

ben

ReputationRep:
    don't worry about your predicted grades... they really mean anything. Only you know what you're capable of achieving, so strive to achieve that! Forget what others have got. It doesn't matter, as long as you try your best

Joy
    x

ReputationRep:

i just wanted to mention to happysunshine the irony of thier name to myself, i nealry fell off my desk chair when i saw it, when i was younger your screen name was how my school friends and i wrote my last name, not that exciting obviously just ironic that i saw it, so thanx for the cute little reminder of school days from another happysunshine.

ReputationRep:

my predicted grades were 2 A*s, 6As and a B. i got them in exactly the right subjects... it felt pretty boring to be that predictable. i foudn out mine by accident when i went for an interview at my college + i read them upside-down. at the time i thought they were pretty generous considering i did no work, but i guess the teachers were right in the end.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:

Got exactly what I was predicted. But in other cases they can be well off, people predicted Cs getting As, as many get serious in the last weeks.

ReputationRep:
    My predicted grades are 4 A*s, 6 As and 1 B. However, I don't think I will achieve this. Having just completed my mocks, I think that in the real thing I may get some A*s where I was predicted A (not in all subjects I was predicted and A, just one or two) but an A in a couple of the subjects I was predicted an A*. I guess it swings at round-a-bouts. I do, however, think that I'm likely to get a little more than just one B.

I think that predicted grades are useful when (and only when) combined with your mock results and your personal opinion. Armed with these three things it is possible to make a realistic judgement about the grades you are likely to achieve in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SugarPlum)
    My predicted grades are 4 A*s, 6 As and 1 B. However, I don't think I will achieve this. Having just completed my mocks, I think that in the real thing I may get some A*s where I was predicted A (not in all subjects I was predicted and A, just one or two) but an A in a couple of the subjects I was predicted an A*. I guess it swings at round-a-bouts. I do, however, think that I'm likely to get a little more than just one B.

I think that predicted grades are useful when (and only when) combined with your mock results and your personal opinion. Armed with these three things it is possible to make a realistic judgement about the grades you are likely to achieve in the summer.
    I was predicted as follows, (im now in year 12)

English language A
    English Lit A
    History B
    Maths C
    Science C
    Media B
    Business communications systems C
    Music C

And guess what, most were wrong, for english i flopped badly and got a C, for lit i got a B, i got an A* for history and media, A's in both business communications and music, and terrible d's in maths and science.Just goes to show that teachers can be wrong, i didnt revise i should have though!!

ReputationRep:
    B's / C's (and a D in French) was predicted. I got A*s/A's in the real thing.

ReputationRep:

Subject - (Predicted grade) - Actual grade

English Language (B) - A
    English Literature (C) - A*
    Maths (A) - A
    Double Science (C) - A
    RE (A) - A*
    GNVQ Business Intermediate (Distinction) - Merit
    ICT (B) - C
    Geography (A) - A
    Italian (B) - A

So as you can see, who gives a monkeys about predicted grades? Unless it's for your UCAS applications.......Your teachers can only predict based on how you are doing so far but they don't know if you will be revising hard and efficiently between now and the summer. Go out and prove your teachers wrong!

Just make sure you aren't lazy towards the end! I was well on course to get my Distinction (A) at Business but I did so crap on the portfolio for the last Unit that I didn't even pass it! I got high Distinctions in my first 2 units but even they weren't enough to save me!

ReputationRep:
    My predicated grade for maths was D. It was the highest in my set, I was in Set 2 out of 5, and set 1 was the best!

That is how crap my school was.

Only 10 people got 5-A-Cs. There was over 100 people taking GCSES. Luckily I was one of them 10 people that got the 5 A-Cs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jediknight007)

English Language (B) - A
    English Literature (C) - A*
    Maths (A) - A
    Double Science (C) - A
    RE (A) - A*
    GNVQ Business Intermediate (Distinction) - Merit
    ICT (B) - C
    Geography (A) - A
    Italian (B) - A

So as you can see, who gives a monkeys about predicted grades? Unless it's for your UCAS applications.......Your teachers can only predict based on how you are doing so far but they don't know if you will be revising hard and efficiently between now and the summer. Go out and prove your teachers wrong!

Just make sure you aren't lazy towards the end! I was well on course to get my Distinction (A) at Business but I did so crap on the portfolio for the last Unit that I didn't even pass it! I got high Distinctions in my first 2 units but even they weren't enough to save me!

English Literature - (A) - A*
    English Language - (A) - A
    (Speaking & Listening) (A) - A*
    Double Award Science (AA) - A* A*
    History - (A) - A*
    Mathematics (A) - A
    Religious Education - (A) - A*
    French - (A) - A
    Business Studies - (A) - A
    Graphics - (A) - A

Predicted grades mean so little its untrue.
    whats even scarier is how innaccurate they are.

most people get 1-2 grades higher than their mtg, so its hardly a half decent indicator lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    My predicated grade for maths was D. It was the highest in my set, I was in Set 2 out of 5, and set 1 was the best!

That is how crap my school was.

Only 10 people got 5-A-Cs. There was over 100 people taking GCSES. Luckily I was one of them 10 people that got the 5 A-Cs.
    Ohhhh my god that is appaling.

10 people got 5 A-C's? that is shocking! really!

under 10% got a emasly 5 A-C's?

shows the education standards in uk today, appaling in many places.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the school has closed down. As soon as I went to college I was able to shine and do well.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.