Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive got two GL5 modules next tues!! quaternary and the geological evolution of britain! anyone else got these? if so post some q's, answers advice, good websites, anything will do

ReputationRep:
    Yep me too. Just manically looking up glacial terminology and failing miserably

ReputationRep:
    Here's a question: How do roches moutonees or drumlins form?
    What happened in the ordovician? Seriously i dont know the last one!
    What are the effects of the alpine orogeny?
    When was tethys ocean formed? Please post replys!

ReputationRep:
    u know any good websites or anything like that for revision?

ReputationRep:
    Nope ive searched for quite a while and found nothing!
    Soz m8

BTW how did u find GL 4. Our whole class found it really hard as we hadn't been taught dinosaurs at all and mucked up lots of other questions liket the lava emerging in the sea but not at the mid-ocean rift valley. What was the general concensus of ur school? Just wandering.

ReputationRep:
    about the same hated the dinosaur questions we werent really taught that wellon maps aswell so i think i messed up that aswell

ReputationRep:
    how was GL5 for you both then? I did UK and geology of the lithosphere

ReputationRep:
    So did i.

I thought GL5 was pretty good, allthough the history of britain of module was practially all about sedimentary facies and almost nothing on oragenies and interesting things, just boring sediments. Felt so cheated for learning so much and not being tested on 95%!

But, i think i did very well overall, particularly well in the lithosphere module.

As for GL4 it was harder than expected and my class thought it was very tough, i personally think i did well enough. *hopes* but the overall feeling at my college was that it was the hardest one we'd seen.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 2, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.