Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Actually, mods can run IP checks and then can ban your IP. If you change that, they can contact your ISP.

10 As at A Level I believe - A guy, Paul Jeffries I think his name is, who's now doing maths at Cambridge. Only went to the classes for something like three of them.
    Im pretty sure it would have to be an illegal action to be banned from a site. Otherwise i could take telewest to court for not allowing me to use 100% of the service that they are meant to deliver (im only talking in theoretical terms anyway). Its just theres a large number of pathetic little people on this board who are obsessed with trying to neg rep me all the time.......

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty certain you couldn't take them to court. They always have get out clauses allowing them to stop your account at their discretion. TSR also reserves the right to ban you at the administration team's discretion, so it wouldn't have to be an illegal action. Most people have the sense not to care about reputation that much, as it's only an internet forum, but if you do things like putting threads in the wrong forums, and say how you would get round a ban, then people aren't exactly going to take a liking to you. Just try to follow the rules and not annoy people and you should be fine. Then you won't need any of your hypothesising

ReputationRep:
    why would he get a ban anyways?

Peeps need to calm down, it's only a forum and i would doubt he would get banned for no reason anyway. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    He happened to bring it up so I was commenting on his point.
    Of course he wouldn't get banned for no reason at all. Though the admin team do have the right to, it's highly unlikely.
    Anyway, this is getting offtopic, so, GCSE and A Level records?

(Original post by melbourne)
    Its just theres a large number of pathetic little people on this board who are obsessed with trying to neg rep me all the time.......
    I am not little :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagician)
    I am not little :p:
    I am not little either. :p:

ReputationRep:
    When I spoke to somebody from Cambridge on the Maths Open Day, they said there was a lad studying Maths there who had 10 A's at A2 level, weird eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Widowmaker)
    do you want a 3rd red gem?
    Can someone explaint to me why this post constitutes as a ban? I can't see anything wrong with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xlouisedoll)
    Can someone explaint to me why this post constitutes as a ban? I can't see anything wrong with it.
    oh really! :eek:
    I haven't been banned, yet.
    thread starter is annoying, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    I had to do this presentation becasue I went to Imperial Summer School last year and I met someone who got 13.5A*s and was doing 6ASs. The best I have heard from someone I actually know was one of my friends who got 8A*s and 2As from a poor school

ReputationRep:
    Yeah there was a guy who got 9 As at A2, and I think someone told me about someone with 15 A*s. Someone was in the newspaper last year for 12. I know a girl with 11 A*s, 6 As at AS, and probably 6As for A level, who's also heading for Cambridge. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I remember last year when I was doing my A2 I printed off this article about some guy who had the record that year with 5A and 2B at A2, so I printed it off and put it on my wall as motivation, I should have it still somewhere. Anyway it sort of worked but I only got 4A's and 2B's.

ReputationRep:
    I heard of 15A*s, a person I know who is year 13 now got 11A*s, 1A and 1B at GCSE!
    Also ive heard of some lad getting 9 As at A-Level! He went to Westminister School or something....
    ....astonishing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S. Tham)
    I heard of 15A*s, a person I know who is year 13 now got 11A*s, 1A and 1B at GCSE!
    Also ive heard of some lad getting 9 As at A-Level! He went to Westminister School or something....
    ....astonishing
    TBL?

As far as I'm aware, A2 record is set at 10, GCSE 16. But what would I know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by synaesthesia)
    TBL?

As far as I'm aware, A2 record is set at 10, GCSE 16. But what would I know...
    Hehe

ReputationRep:
    A guy at my school (kings canterbury) got 8 As at A level 2 years ago.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, why do these people bother doing that many?? Wouldn't they rather play a few sports and musical instruments, and go clubbing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lauren)
    Wow, why do these people bother doing that many?? Wouldn't they rather play a few sports and musical instruments, and go clubbing?
    They may well do on top of that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by synaesthesia)
    They may well do on top of that...
    "Keeeeeeen" springs to mind. It's not as if you even need more than four; though they're not difficult anyway. They've gone well easier in the last couple of years (eg maths & f maths!!). It's rather sad to want to prove yourself so much that you take that many. Far too many people like that at Cam. Never go clubbing. At any rate, it's all about the unconditional offers (and going out every night)

Back to the original topic of over-keen-ness. The record for A level is 12 As, 10 taken in one year - a mathmo here at Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    The people I know who've done lots of A-levels have seemed to have enough time for parties (and even boy/girlfriends), as well as work. Then again, most of them were pretty weird, but weird people are more interesting than any other type (but then, as I'm weird too, I can't really judge ).

(It's like the Doors song "People are Strange")

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.