Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've never really understood this concept but it seems to me to be a bit of a class thing- workmen and window-cleaners always want sugar in their tea. Why? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercover-ange)
    I've never really understood this concept but it seems to me to be a bit of a class thing- workmen and window-cleaners always want sugar in their tea. Why? x
    because they are so common dur :rolleyes: Or get this they like sugar!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry while it is here. What is builders tea?

ReputationRep:
    Because sugar is generally associated with energy certainly would help in manual jobs !

Also taste preference !

ReputationRep:
    taste preference. i like my tea with milk no sugar. but it's meant to have no milk or sugar!

ReputationRep:
    I don't like tea at all

ReputationRep:
    :eek: I like sugar in my tea!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol! the sweetness?

ReputationRep:
    Sugar in tea is for pregnant women and shock victims, anyone else who has it in is not hard enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by undercover-ange)
    I'm sure that is a rather unfair generalisation as I'm sure that workmen and window cleaners aren't the only people out there who want sugar in their tea. Maybe you should do a poll in here to see how many people take sugar in their tea.

And to be honest who cares why they want sugar, it's only affecting their health not yours. Sorry I sound like a right b***h ah well :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChemistBoy)
    Sugar in tea is for pregnant women and shock victims, anyone else who has it in is not hard enough.
    I agree. Must try Assam tea strongly made without milk some time, don't have much milk anyway and, of course, no sugars either. I've had it with milk though, very nice when I first tried it. Now the teas I've had before trying Assam just seem pants.

ReputationRep:
    tea IS meant to have milk. i just don't like milk, so i have as little as possible... if you have tea without milk, the tannin in it stains your teeth really bad. but definitely not sugar.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have sugar with tea, but have been drinking it without for the past few years; it is much nicer once you get used to it.

In fact, I avoid all drinks with sugar in it now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_meiow)
    I'm sure that is a rather unfair generalisation as I'm sure that workmen and window cleaners aren't the only people out there who want sugar in their tea. Maybe you should do a poll in here to see how many people take sugar in their tea.

And to be honest who cares why they want sugar, it's only affecting their health not yours. Sorry I sound like a right b***h ah well :p:
    Hehehe I just don't understand it. I've never tried tea with sugar in and nobody I know has sugar in it but every time I offer a cup to a builder or window cleaner they say "2 sugars please". I don't like sugary drinks like cola anyway but it just seems a weird thing to do- like putting sugar on a potato. x

ReputationRep:
    3 BIG sugars in my tea...*nods*

u mad?

ReputationRep:
    The English have strange tea-drinking habits. They pride themselves on being the most tea-ish country in the world, but can't, in fact, drink it.
    Tea with milk is disgusting! You are completely ruining the taste of the leaves.
    The way to drink it is black, no sugar. Or if you're Russian you can put a slice of lemon and two sugar cubes in it... but that's soft, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PublicSchoolAnn)
    Sorry while it is here. What is builders tea?
    its just normal tea like PG tips and stuff. Its a snobby term for people who think that it is "common" to drink ordinary tea and who only drink fancy ones like earl grey themselfs.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have sugar all the time but never have it now.. Not sure why. Maybe They just want to give you the chance to use salt instead.

Maybe its a secret...

ReputationRep:
    Fluck it...

Gimme Tesco branded teabags, milk, 3 sugars and i'm sorted...

Don't gimme this crizzap bout "proper" tea...

ReputationRep:
    Ugh can't drink tea without sugar - besides I drink coffee mainly with sugar also... SUGAR! It's got nothing to do with classes it's to do with your personality, whether you're paranoid about dieting or whether you simply like it or not.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.