Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    lol, i was just wondering if there was anyone out there who can empathise with the way im feelin. yesterday i thought the g/studies a-level exam was in the afternoon, and it was actually in the morning, and when i turned up (in the afternoon) i found out that i had missed it and there was nothing i could do! i know its only g/ studies but i was still gutted. Has any one else eva done anything as silly as this? probably not...but if so i would love to know that there was someone out there who could empathise.
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, aaww bad luck! Don't worry bout it too much. I have done something similar. For my GCSE's for my RE exam I missed most of it! Lol! I thought it was on in the afternoon but obviously it wasn’t!! I only noticed because as I was going for a shower, I grabbed my towel off my radiator which is next to where I had hung up my timetable. I just casually glanced at my timetable and *SHOCK HORROR* it said that RE was on in the morning!! I had a panic attack!! My mum quickly rang my dad to take me to school and when I finally got there it was after 9.30 (started at 9). Thankfully they allowed me to do it in a little office!! Now, I always double check, just in case!!!

I skipped my D1 (maths) paper because I was tired.

ReputationRep:
    This hasn't happened to me, but i don't believe your school and or friends didn't phone you! At my college if someone is late the exam is postponed, we've even had teachers driving to student's houses before to pick them up! Does this just mean you've failed now? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mousey)
    This hasn't happened to me, but i don't believe your school and or friends didn't phone you! At my college if someone is late the exam is postponed, we've even had teachers driving to student's houses before to pick them up! Does this just mean you've failed now? xx
    the people at your college must be really nice! nobody even noticed i wasn't there lol. it was only one module i missed, so i don't think i've failed completely but the most i can hope for now is an E overall. oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erica123)
    the people at your college must be really nice! nobody even noticed i wasn't there lol. it was only one module i missed, so i don't think i've failed completely but the most i can hope for now is an E overall. oh well.
    When I sat my as general studies quite a few seats were empty, obviosuly people hadn't bothered to turn up, so I wouldn't worry about it!

ReputationRep:
    I havn't missed an exam before. You should actually double check before your exam timetable before you the next day comes. You could resit it in January if you want. :p: Don't worry, it's GS, and not many uni's accept it.

Sometimes if you miss an exam, the school will call you. This happend to me when I was doing my GCSEs (I almost missed my maths exam). :p:

ReputationRep:
    I missed S2 because I couldn't be arsed to do it. It was self taught, and not very well:p:

ReputationRep:
    I missed C1 maths earlier this month... thought it was in the afternoon, woke up at 11 and looked at my statement of entry and my stomach literally fell... I felt ill and I rang my mum up, told her and she went MENTAL at me... God, that was the single worst exam experience of my life...

(and as if that wasn't bad enough, I fell alseep in my S1 exam about a week after that and hardly did any of the paper...)

And I answered about 10 marks worth of questions on my C2 exam... so basically, it looks like I'm TOTALLY re-doing AS Level Maths next year...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilverWings)
    I missed C1 maths earlier this month... thought it was in the afternoon, woke up at 11 and looked at my statement of entry and my stomach literally fell... I felt ill and I rang my mum up, told her and she went MENTAL at me... God, that was the single worst exam experience of my life...

(and as if that wasn't bad enough, I fell alseep in my S1 exam about a week after that and hardly did any of the paper...)

And I answered about 10 marks worth of questions on my C2 exam... so basically, it looks like I'm TOTALLY re-doing AS Level Maths next year...
    lol, i totally know what you mean when you talk about that sickly feeling in your stomach! i felt the same way....aw im sorry about yr C1 and C2 exam!
    i don't feel as bad about missing my exam now, thank u!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by erica123)
    lol, i was just wondering if there was anyone out there who can empathise with the way im feelin. yesterday i thought the g/studies a-level exam was in the afternoon, and it was actually in the morning, and when i turned up (in the afternoon) i found out that i had missed it and there was nothing i could do! i know its only g/ studies but i was still gutted. Has any one else eva done anything as silly as this? probably not...but if so i would love to know that there was someone out there who could empathise.
    Thank you!
    One girl in my class did the same for an english exam, except they realised just before the exam started that she wasn't in, so one teacher went to her house in the next town and picked her up. She arrived about 50 minutes after we had all started, and so they just let her start it then.

ReputationRep:
    I thought g/s was in the afternoon too, Erica! Good job I checked my timetable the night before though!

ReputationRep:
    On Wednesday we had P5 Maths in the afternoon
    I phoned Phil at 9am to wake him up
    And a couple of times throughout the day (boy has the worst sleep pattern - can never sleep before 2am can never get up before 11 :p:)
    Called him @ 1am - Phil where the three dots are you?!!?
    In bed
    Me and Jon did a rush job to Kintbury (6 miles from our school so he can hardly run in) to pick him up - 60 miles an hour on country back roads!! :eek:
    JUST made it - phew!!

ReputationRep:
    1am?! Why did you need to rush? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    On Wednesday we had P5 Maths in the afternoon
    I phoned Phil at 9am to wake him up
    And a couple of times throughout the day (boy has the worst sleep pattern - can never sleep before 2am can never get up before 11 :p:)
    Called him @ 1am - Phil where the three dots are you?!!?
    In bed
    Me and Jon did a rush job to Kintbury (6 miles from our school so he can hardly run in) to pick him up - 60 miles an hour on country back roads!! :eek:
    JUST made it - phew!!

You did PHS to Kintbury and back in uder 45 mins :eek: ! You could have missed your own exam- how lucky Phil is to have you!

ReputationRep:
    oops i meant 1pm :p:

And yes we did Actually we did it in under 20 - we left at ten past and wanted to be back before 1:30 Me and Jon are hard core

ReputationRep:
    Awww, that sucks. I guess you should just be grateful that it's only general studies, so as long as the universities you've applied to don't accept it, it won't matter, and even if they do, you'll still meet the offer if you've done well in your other subjects. I'm also amazed that your school/college didn't bother contacting you though! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I missed my computing exam on Tuesday
    couldn't believe it

Thought it was in the afternoon too. I think it's because I knew the module was listed as the penultimate one on my entry statement. The very last module was a courework module only, however, so there was no exam and hence no date and time next to it. The night before the exam I quickly checked when I was supposed to come in, and I just looked at the penultimate time, which was actually the time for the third from last module on the sheet.

So shazaam I thought it was PM gutted

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why your school didn't bother to phone you or anything. Our headmaster told us once how he had to collect a student because their car had broken down.

ReputationRep:
    Nor do i?!
    My friend Em nearly missed her English exam because she thought it was in the afternoon, but luckily had a History lesson so was in school by 9:15 anyway
    But they called her home - no answer
    Called her Dad's work - he wasn't there
    Spoke to his boss - the head of the coporation
    HE called Em's next door neighbour....
    It was crazy man!!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.