Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What's the fastest cake in the world? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Scone!

66% of the British population pronounce "scone" to rhyme with "John" (ie: the right way). You wouldn't argue with democracy, now would you?

Show your support by joining the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...0230439&ref=nf

Good day.

ReputationRep:
    66% of the British population are also in the bottom two-thirds in terms of intelligence. Coincidence? I think not...

ReputationRep:
    I pronounce it 'scone'. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    it has a magic "e" at the end which means you have to pronounce the vowel in the word as its name.
    I.e Scone = Sc-oh-ne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    66% of the British population pronounce "scone" to rhyme with "John" (ie: the right way). You wouldn't argue with democracy, now would you?
    Eerrrr yes i would in this instance. Scone rhymes with cone ftw!!!!

ReputationRep:
    **** off; it rhymes with "bone"

ReputationRep:
    "The pronunciation of the word across the United Kingdom varies. According to one academic study, two-thirds of the British population pronounce it /ˈskon/, rhyming with "con" and "John", with the preference rising to 99% in the Scottish population. The rest pronounce it /ˈskone/, rhyming with "cone" and "Joan". British dictionaries usually show the "con" form as the preferred pronunciation, while recognizing that the "cone" form also exists."

SKON FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    it has a magic "e" at the end which means you have to pronounce the vowel in the word as its name.
    I.e Scone = Sc-oh-ne

Exactly :yep:

ReputationRep:
    definitely skon.... The joke wouldn't work otherwise, and then we'd all be missing out... :eek3:

what does ftw mean by the way?

ReputationRep:
    'sc-oh-n' people just sound odd :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Fastest cake?

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Oh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomandJerry09)
    definitely skon.... The joke wouldn't work otherwise, and then we'd all be missing out... :eek3:

what does ftw mean by the way?
    ftw = for the win!

ReputationRep:
    This didn't turn out to be a joke thread

I was expecting something really stupid like:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    I.e Scone = Sc-oh-ne
    What about gone? None? Shone?
    SKON :yep:

ReputationRep:
    definatly a victoria sponge cake with butter icing and cinamon man those cakes move..

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was a question about what was the fastest cake to make :sigh:

Damnit! For those that care.

Spoiler:
    Show
    i believe the fastest cake to make is the cake you make in a mug...it takes 3 minutes :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardust123)
    Fastest cake?
    There there :console:

ReputationRep:
    the other day i ate some victoria sponge cake on a spaceship travelling at 0.99c as measured by a stationary observer.

the observer thought the cake was a little thinner than usual but i thought it was fine.

k bye

ReputationRep:
    How does this make it a fast cake? I don't understand the joke...

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.