Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What's the fastest cake in the world?

ReputationRep:
    Scone!

66% of the British population pronounce "scone" to rhyme with "John" (ie: the right way). You wouldn't argue with democracy, now would you?

Show your support by joining the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...0230439&ref=nf

Good day.

ReputationRep:
    66% of the British population are also in the bottom two-thirds in terms of intelligence. Coincidence? I think not...

ReputationRep:
    I pronounce it 'scone'. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    it has a magic "e" at the end which means you have to pronounce the vowel in the word as its name.
    I.e Scone = Sc-oh-ne

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinsula)
    66% of the British population pronounce "scone" to rhyme with "John" (ie: the right way). You wouldn't argue with democracy, now would you?
    Eerrrr yes i would in this instance. Scone rhymes with cone ftw!!!!

ReputationRep:
    **** off; it rhymes with "bone"

ReputationRep:
    "The pronunciation of the word across the United Kingdom varies. According to one academic study, two-thirds of the British population pronounce it /ˈskon/, rhyming with "con" and "John", with the preference rising to 99% in the Scottish population. The rest pronounce it /ˈskone/, rhyming with "cone" and "Joan". British dictionaries usually show the "con" form as the preferred pronunciation, while recognizing that the "cone" form also exists."

SKON FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    it has a magic "e" at the end which means you have to pronounce the vowel in the word as its name.
    I.e Scone = Sc-oh-ne

Exactly :yep:

ReputationRep:
    definitely skon.... The joke wouldn't work otherwise, and then we'd all be missing out... :eek3:

what does ftw mean by the way?

ReputationRep:
    'sc-oh-n' people just sound odd :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Fastest cake?

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut: Oh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomandJerry09)
    definitely skon.... The joke wouldn't work otherwise, and then we'd all be missing out... :eek3:

what does ftw mean by the way?
    ftw = for the win!

ReputationRep:
    This didn't turn out to be a joke thread

I was expecting something really stupid like:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    I.e Scone = Sc-oh-ne
    What about gone? None? Shone?
    SKON :yep:

ReputationRep:
    definatly a victoria sponge cake with butter icing and cinamon man those cakes move..

ReputationRep:
    I thought this was a question about what was the fastest cake to make :sigh:

Damnit! For those that care.

Spoiler:
    Show
    i believe the fastest cake to make is the cake you make in a mug...it takes 3 minutes :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stardust123)
    Fastest cake?
    There there :console:

ReputationRep:
    the other day i ate some victoria sponge cake on a spaceship travelling at 0.99c as measured by a stationary observer.

the observer thought the cake was a little thinner than usual but i thought it was fine.

k bye

ReputationRep:
    How does this make it a fast cake? I don't understand the joke...

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.