Turn on thread page Beta

WHEN WILL EXAM BOARDS RELEASE GRADE BOUNDARIES? watch

ReputationRep:
    I no that we get our results on a specific day... but is there a time when the grade boundaries are announced? I no that you can go on the exam board websites and look at reports showing grade boundaries. Will similar reports be published for 2005, and if so will it be before we get our results?

ReputationRep:
    Prob 25th August

ReputationRep:
    Well the AQA exam reports were put up before december last year... but i don't think that helps you all that much!

ReputationRep:
    After we get the results probably, who knows.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davror)
    I no that we get our results on a specific day... but is there a time when the grade boundaries are announced? I no that you can go on the exam board websites and look at reports showing grade boundaries. Will similar reports be published for 2005, and if so will it be before we get our results?
    dont give a f...

ReputationRep:
    when u get ure results on the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadlikeYaz buff)
    dont give a f...

If you don't give a f..., then why bother posting?

ReputationRep:
    Unlike with A-levels you will just get your grade - not a point score so to be honest it doesn't matter

ReputationRep:
    If you are just 0.5% or 1% away from the next grade up, are you allowed to appeal or ask for a re-mark?

ReputationRep:
    yes i presume you are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Unlike with A-levels you will just get your grade - not a point score so to be honest it doesn't matter
    When i did my Science last year i was given a mark on the sheet.

ReputationRep:
    the school get them and if you pester your tteacher you will be able to find out

ReputationRep:
    the offical examiners reports more specifically on the AQA website, is basically put together before our results are relaesed or else they wouldnt be able to mark them and grade them, but the online report isnt properly collated with all the individual reports (theres a lot more to them than just the grade boundaries, lol) they go up in October sometime, before the November re-sits, welll obviously but you know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    Ok fair enough - unlike with A-levels the exam boards don't automatically give you your point score
    However your school has to be sent them for its own statistics and so it can decide if a remark is worth it
    So if you badger them you could get your score
    And yes i believe you can apply for remarks but if your mark does not go up then you have to pay for wasting their time

ReputationRep:
    yeh thats true, you can remarks all your exams if you want too, but you'll be spending sooooo much money, money which probably could have been better spent on revision books if your wanting all your papers remarked lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yeh thats true, you can remarks all your exams if you want too, but you'll be spending sooooo much money, money which probably could have been better spent on revision books if your wanting all your papers remarked lol
    Nah, not at all... Most people appeal for remarking if they were just shy of an A/A* :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Don Corleone)
    Nah, not at all... Most people appeal for remarking if they were just shy of an A/A* :P
    yeh thats tru, my mate did that with his english lit, coz he wanted to do it at uni and he got his A* when it was remarked, but if youre gonna do it for all ya papers expect that youll be wasting some if not a lot of money there and ... (repeats last point, lol)

ReputationRep:
    Hm...so if you paid for a re-mark and they still give you the same mark, do you still need to pay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Piggy)
    Hm...so if you paid for a re-mark and they still give you the same mark, do you still need to pay?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    yep of course you do, its like if you mot or service a car and its in perfect conditon, you still have to pay, or you go and see henman play and he loses you still had to pay to see the match lol, and to get remarks cost quite abit too

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.