Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Such an evil paper!!
    I got stuck on the first question!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It was quite mean, but my main problem was that i ran out of time and didn't answer the long questions even though i knew the answers, like meristematic cell one

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was pretty easy myself. Though I'm doing it as a resit, I took it in January and got 78/90, so even if I mess it up I'm okay at the end of the day.

I thought the first question was tricky, I couldn't name the fimbrae, and then the question on the suitability of the squamous epithelium for the internal lining of the vagina got me too. So I just talked about elasticity and lack of friction and the secretion of mucus for a bit. It was only three marks though, so I think I got at least one there.

The paper just got easier and easier from there, though, even if it did ask for THREE advantages of cross-pollination. I could only think of increased genetic variation off the top of my head, so I just had to rehash that three times.

ReputationRep:
    what was the answer for that long question on meristemic cells + mesophyll?

ReputationRep:
    horrible, horrible, horrible. to top it off- i have had about 7 teachers for this module, and the main one is a souless terrible teacher.... needed a bloody A in it, no way i got that...

ReputationRep:
    hey
    iot wasnt sooo bad , was it....i jus blabbed on an on in all the questions...hoping i might get sum marks...thnk God they dnt do negative marking!!!!

for the meristem question i jus said sum stuff about cell differentiaition, and enzymes and the nucleus forms.....it was a bunch of crap...but hopefully i got sum marks

YAY no more BIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris543)
    I thought it was pretty easy myself. Though I'm doing it as a resit, I took it in January and got 78/90, so even if I mess it up I'm okay at the end of the day.

I thought the first question was tricky, I couldn't name the fimbrae, and then the question on the suitability of the squamous epithelium for the internal lining of the vagina got me too. So I just talked about elasticity and lack of friction and the secretion of mucus for a bit. It was only three marks though, so I think I got at least one there.

The paper just got easier and easier from there, though, even if it did ask for THREE advantages of cross-pollination. I could only think of increased genetic variation off the top of my head, so I just had to rehash that three times.

oh my! why did you retake?! 78/90 is good enough! I guess I don't really want to know what you got in the other modules...

Does anyone know the answer to the squamous epithelium one?

ReputationRep:
    Sheesh that paper was pretty hard, I didn't like the question on the pill etc...Also couldn't remember fimbriae, really annoying!

ReputationRep:
    'oh my! why did you retake?! 78/90 is good enough! I guess I don't really want to know what you got in the other modules...' - I don't know how to quote

I'm sitting on 270/300 for A/S level, and I got 78/90 on module 4 at January as I said. Normally 78 would be fine, I'm well on track for an A. Sadly, in their wisdom, Cambridge rejected me this year, so I've got a reapplication to make this year.

So I'm only taking it to up my marks for them, because they ask for module marks. I wasn't even going to resit the paper, I had history this morning and I spent my time revising for that. But then I put in an uber-cramming session and had a go because I'd paid for it. Thankfully there wasn't a single question on plant growth hormones, because that would have shot me down in flames.

Essentially, I'd imagine the mark points for the the mesophyll question would be about the three zones in the meristematic tissue, something about mitosis, the activation of DNA to code for the appropriate protien production (chlorophyll in this case, mesophyll cells are photosynthetic), and possibly something about totipotency. I certainly hope they are like that, because that's what I wrote about :confused:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.