Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    i always thought essays had to be linked and flow, so digestion and obsorption of glucose is therefore linked to controlling glucose levels. Im not sure about ruminants though it is quite a big part
    I can't believe it didn't even occur to me to mention it :bawling:
    Stupid brain!

ReputationRep:
    Damn i forgot the words "hypo and hyper glycaemia" - and i wasn't sure if it was just humans or just mammals or what so i did humans and ruminants

I know a couple of people from my school did the plant one - because we haven't revised digestion for ages - but mostly it was carbs

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Me likey this exam!

Although we had thunder and lightning all the way through. And the girl in front of me jumped everytime we had a big clap! :congrats: Was trying not to laugh!

Loved the carbohydrates essay too! I got from units 1, 2, 3, and 4 in there! Woo! Thought the Human Evolution essay looked a bit crap though! It just didn't flow.

And I didn't think the shorter answer questions were too bad either. A bit crap though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kohlstream)
    I got in a pickle with trying to describe the strucure of carbs

I drew an EXCELENT diagram of glycogen that looked like a spider web(!)
    BLAD IT NEVER ASKED FOR STRUCTURE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pure_aesthetic)
    Although we had thunder and lightning all the way through. And the girl in front of me jumped everytime we had a big clap! :congrats: Was tryong not to laugh!
    Us too... made concentrating interesting :p:
    Loved the carbohydrates essay too! I got from units 1, 2, 3, and 4 in there!
    HOW?!?!
    I got 1 in there... the structure and condensation reactions and a bit of 3 cos that was the ruminant... and hmmm what are insulin and glucagon?? Ooo that's 4...
    Oh and digestion should be 2 right? But i muffed that up

ReputationRep:
    So now Bio's completely done with, how do people think they've done overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    So now Bio's completely done with, how do people think they've done overall?
    i think i lost like 20 marks max for unit 5, do u think that would be an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BLUREMI)
    i think i lost like 20 marks max for unit 5, do u think that would be an A
    50/70 would be an A, yeah. Most years it ranges from 42-50ish for an A raw marks.

ReputationRep:
    20 marks from 100 = 80 - i.e the A boundary - i reckon you've done good kid!

ReputationRep:
    Hehe oopsie :p:

ReputationRep:
    DID EVERYONE GET 16 FOR THE FIRST ANSWER?
    THE CHROMOSOME THINGII....?

ReputationRep:
    we had thunder and lightening too, it was great. the window next to me was open and i got wet! i forgot about ruminants in the carbs essay, although i did write about teeth and adaptations as they mechanically digest food in the mouth to give the amylase a larger surface area to work ok. the first two questions were horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DmAsTeR)
    DID EVERYONE GET 16 FOR THE FIRST ANSWER?
    THE CHROMOSOME THINGII....?
    Yes we did
    Now stop writing in capitals

I didn't include any of the mastication and peristalsis - i kinda thought of it and dismissed it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Yes we did
    Now stop writing in capitals

I didn't include any of the mastication and peristalsis - i kinda thought of it and dismissed it
    I worte about mastication, but not peristalsis. And nothing on ruminants. Gah

ReputationRep:

couldnt ask for an easier essay

ReputationRep:
    i think it was 16

im so dumb: for the 1 mark question on the phenotype of the yeast, i didnt mention Mutation, and instead wrote a mini essay cos i really wasnt sure. i said that there is less mitochondrial DNA therefore the proteins cannot be synthesised etc. i duno.

ReputationRep:
    ... i never thought about rumanents...

but there was so much to write about the rest i didnt think it'll fit in!!!

and wft is 'camp' Elile, lol...

ReputationRep:
    *glares at purple crayon* *sighs* my own stupid fault
    I was gonna do digestion this morning and got distracted by TSR
    And then i wasn't sure if mastication counted as digestion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DmAsTeR)
    BLAD IT NEVER ASKED FOR STRUCTURE
    I drew the structure to illusatrate how it was stored in muscles and how you could easily get glucose from it again. No harm in putting that in.

I cocked up the rest of the essay though. Ah well :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revenged)
    ... i never thought about rumanents...

but there was so much to write about the rest i didnt think it'll fit in!!!

and wft is 'camp' Elile, lol...
    cyclic amp!

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.