Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    No way!!
    Everybody does worse on the written paper
    And you can't look at textbooks to help, or ask your teachers or even choose your topic!!

really? u think so?

my problem with coursework is that the detail required at A2 must be phenomenal. in A1 we did a reasonably simple piece of coursework on the rate of enzyme activity based on several factors.. and no-one in my class (a lot of very bright students) didnt score higher than 26/32.. i got 24.. and i know i can do better than that on written practical.. maybe thats just me, i do maths (and statistics) so i find all the graph drawing and data analysing much better!!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't you hate it when you realise all the things you've done wrong/better things people have written. I can feel my marks slipping through my fingers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie4)
    Don't you hate it when you realise all the things you've done wrong/better things people have written. I can feel my marks slipping through my fingers
    Yep although I was quite prepared to do terribly on this paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankit D)
    I think it was wrong to say that were secreted from the Crypts of Lieberkuhn, wasn't it?

yes, intestinal juice is secreted from there, which is made of water, mucus and sodium hydroxide/sodium hydrocarbonate.. no enzymes in intestinal juice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramaya)
    Yep although I was quite prepared to do terribly on this paper!
    It's happening with all my exams though! I could kick myself!!

ReputationRep:
    Surely that wouldn't work because they are just emmitting light they absorbed. So eventually they will stop fluorescing anyway?

They wouldn't stop emitting light if there was constant source, which is why it was obsereved for 1,2,3..5 hours until the light did stop.

All I've said is that you would see how much of the metal is required to be added for the bacteria to stop emitting light

By the way was it right to say that bactria were quite immobilised so that light was emitted from a fixed point source and not from the whole solution. I also added that it would prevent the loss of bacteria with the metal

ReputationRep:
    Surely that wouldn't work because they are just emmitting light they absorbed. So eventually they will stop fluorescing anyway?

They wouldn't stop emitting light if there was constant source, which is why it was obsereved for 1,2,3..5 hours until the light did stop.

All I've said is that you would see how much of the metal is required to be added for the bacteria to stop emitting light

thing is my friend.. the question said, "how could you test that a river sample was polluted?".. by adding metals to the sample, you're making it polluted, instead of checking whether it has been polluted in the first place..

ReputationRep:
    ok..guys..as sad as this sounds.....im looking at the huge pile of pastpapers (unit1.2.3.4.5.6) that i've done/looked at for the past 2 years and heapps of bio textbooks all lying on the floor..............its kinda weird to think i'll never need to open them again............=/..............hmm not sure if a 'empty feeling' wud b too much. to say.LOL
    but i guess it's the same with all other subjects..lol just dat BIO has taken over my life for the past 2 years! its crazy!! the workload and.......~~~~~its over~~
    PS...what shud i do with my pastpapers etc.....(BURNNN! and contribut to air pollution)

ReputationRep:
    But there's not a constant source!!
    You had to put them in the dark and then observe them

Btw when it asked which metal was most toxic did we all remember to write mercury? I wrote mercury chloride and then went aaaargh noooooo!!

ReputationRep:
    no, i wrote mercury chloride i think. pfft, what's another mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mag)
    ok..guys..as sad as this sounds.....im looking at the huge pile of pastpapers (unit1.2.3.4.5.6) that i've done/looked at for the past 2 years and heapps of bio textbooks all lying on the floor..............its kinda weird to think i'll never need to open them again............=/..............hmm not sure if a 'empty feeling' wud b too much. to say.LOL
    but i guess it's the same with all other subjects..lol just dat BIO has taken over my life for the past 2 years! its crazy!! the workload and.......~~~~~its over~~
    PS...what shud i do with my pastpapers etc.....(BURNNN! and contribut to air pollution)

hahaha.. yes.. you should burn them.. and whilst you're watching it.. think of the biology behind it

ReputationRep:
    Btw when it asked which metal was most toxic did we all remember to write mercury? I wrote mercury chloride and then went aaaargh noooooo!!
    Oh poo :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Oh god. I think I wrote mercury chloride too :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mag)
    I know just how you feel
    Thankfully i can keep all my notes cos i'm carrying on with bio
    But maths i am sad about

I'm keeping chem past papers cos they're OCR and i copied out every mark scheme and since nobody has markschemes i figure next year i can send them to people!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mag)
    sell them on ebay. How many people ghave come on here and asked for past papers?! edexcel sell them at £3 each, so there's money to be made!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes, I can rip up the rest of my notes now. I might shove my workbooks in the loft or something but all those loose sheets are going!

ReputationRep:

hmmm.. good point.. but im sure it would have been ok to write mercury chloride.. i aint a chemist.. but isnt mercury chloride a metal compound?

ReputationRep:
    i wrote mercury...then crossed it out..wrote mercury chloride..then crossed the chloride out....LOL my paper os soooo messy
    and i dun think it matters that u've ritten chloride to b honest

ReputationRep:
    It is a metal compound but not a metal!! And it specifically asked for the metal

ReputationRep:
    It is a metal compound but not a metal!! And it specifically asked for the metal
    They probably wouldn't be that pedantic, given that it's bio and not chemistry. I hope not anyway :s: God, I probably got a U on this paper

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 28, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.