Turn on thread page Beta

THE BIG AQA SYNOPTIC THREAD SPEC B watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomcoolinguk)
    Firstly, it should be pointed out that hormone production (for the neg feedback) would not form part of the mark scheme for breadth; the option unit material never does.
    Er, yeah it does, they (quote) "credit material from the optional modules where appropriate"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaisersalsek)
    Er, yeah it does, they (quote) "credit material from the optional modules where appropriate"
    Note that I said 'breadth'- the mark out of 3 for breadth!!!

Apology would be appreciated- cheers!

ReputationRep:
    didnt you think the microbes paper A was so easy...well it seemed it but i always get it wrong!! they had questions like what does penicillin do etc... also what did you guys put for the 'one mechanism of penicilin' and how bacteria can become resistant to it??? i put mutation...
    also what was the answer for the bateria question on section B that said something about bacteria in gut and another bacterium becoming resistant because they are in gut togetha?? oooo and need for lactose, phosphate, ammonia??? i put lactose (source of carbon, respiration) phosphate(phospho lipid membrane???) and ammonia (source of nitrogen for proteins and dna synthesis) ??

soz guys just tryna clear ma head lol

ReputationRep:
    sorrry last 1! lol what you guys put about the maggots? what was one thing that could be said about the results and a reason for it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goku_ssj4)
    sorrry last 1! lol what you guys put about the maggots? what was one thing that could be said about the results and a reason for it??
    The maggots were affected by colour rather than reflected light intensity because two of the areas with the same light intensity reflection but different colours had very different distributions of maggots.

ReputationRep:
    Ok this is for the second essay question: This is what i wrote, can anyone tell me how wrong i am?

I think the question was like descrive the affects of increasing temps, on ecological something something.

First i wrote causes: CFC's, hole in ozone, pollution trapping radiation in our atmosphere. Then i said ice caps melt, destroying the delicate ecosystem there. The large amounts of water flood into the oceans, changing their temps. Things like seals either die or mass migrate, microorganisms die, so food webs, like that connected to the whales, screw up and die. Then i said rainforests increase temps, so microorganisms operate more efficiently up to a point, but the delicate balance is again disturbed. Humans can adapt better due to technology, but even they suffer as crops around the world screw up, as the high temps alter the variety in crops that may keep pests away, i.e. predators die. Also as they die, more pesticides need to be used, and this affects us, as GMO's usually do, and leaching of excessive fertilisers lead to eutrophication in lakes and rivers. IF they arn't dried up already. And yeah, there was a big more inbetween buti cant remember.

So what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    that seems pretty good to me! what do you guys think will be on the mark scheme for content on the negative feedback essay??
    temp control, glucose levels, kidneys, nerve impulses mayb?? anything else...

ReputationRep:
    hey the only thing i could think of for the negative feeback essay was insulin Glycogen, meanstual cycle FSH, and Throoxine stuff with thryod and the only reason i thought of that was becase it was 1 on the q's in section A for behavious and populations.

so basically i only talked about 3 areas but i think i did they n ok detail so wud u say id get a bad mark for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.S.D)
    hey the only thing i could think of for the negative feeback essay was insulin Glycogen, meanstual cycle FSH, and Throoxine stuff with thryod and the only reason i thought of that was becase it was 1 on the q's in section A for behavious and populations.

so basically i only talked about 3 areas but i think i did they n ok detail so wud u say id get a bad mark for that?
    If you went quite in depth then you'll probably get a good mark (\geq15)

ReputationRep:
    well i went into as much depth as possible what the teachers taught us lol but i thought cos i only thought of 3 real topics i may get crappy mark.

ReputationRep:
    WHAT ABOUT MY ESSAY???? IM SO FRIGGIN SCARED, can anyone tell me about how many marks i could get for it?

ReputationRep:
    u shud get a good mark looks like u covered a few areas i only cover 3 thats **** but i suppose theres only about 5 areas for negative feedback.

ReputationRep:
    from an 8 line summary it is impossible to say what you would get, from reading it it looks like you included relevant things though

ReputationRep:
    yea so what u rekon is the worst u can get on the essay if ive cover 3 areas 4 negative feedback in relative detail glucose maintanance, mentrual cycle and throxine levels?

ReputationRep:
    at least 15 marks u would be looking at in my opinion, lets say you got 2 for depth 2 for written communication and 3 for relevance thats 7 already and at least 8 marks out of 16 for scientific content. plus the negative feedback essay you couldnt include much so scientific content would be limited meaning you may even got more marks in that section so 15+ A.S.D

ReputationRep:
    nice 1 thats put me at ease lol i thought id get sumat like 8 cos i cudnt even think of anything. the other essay seemed tough i didnt even understand the question lol

ReputationRep:
    How about the global warming 'markscheme' lol? what do you guys think? Didn't any of you do essay b????? what did you put?

ReputationRep:
    it wasn't global warming, just temperatures getting higher
    I put; ADH to reabsorb water from the urine due to increased perspiring, sweat and how it takes heat away when it is evaporated, kidney water reabsorption same reason, vasoconstriction and dilation, favouring animals with less fur as they would be less likely to overheat and die, plants - cohesion tension theory, talked about successions and about how the climax community may be changed to favour more xerophytic plants, loss of niches due to prey dying through changing conditions therefore disrupting the food chain, talked about xerophytes and the ice caps melting so there would be a loss in habitat. Probably wrote some other stuff I have forgotten about now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sokas)
    I missed them out to go back to later...alas, I didnt go back to them! urgh I really ran out of time on that paper! I'm not happy about it at all!
    :eek: SAME!!, but then again i ALWAYS run badly out of time :p:

I think this is the exam that gonna stop me gettin to vetschool!!

Section A - fine!
    Section B - a nightmare, even my essay!

ReputationRep:
    donnnnnnnnt worrrry theres always good old UMS!!!!!!! lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.