Has anybody done the Jack petchey speak out challenge?

Watch this thread
tennantgirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey,
I was just wondering if anybody has done the speak out challenge where you can do a speech about anything.

Instincts_2012
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DWClark)
Yes! I did it last year - quite a good day and very enjoyable as the instructors really knew what they were doing.
Please elaborate.
Instincts_2012
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by DWClark)
What aspect of the challenge would you like to know about?

We have preliminary 'training' and an in-school competition over one day to decide on the external candidates for our school (not me!)

In the morning, we were introduced to the instructor and told what would happen; the introduction was followed by a session where everyone had to give a short speech on a topic given to you.

After that, we were told that we were giving a speech in the afternoon and we had to decide our topics and plan the presentation. Quite difficult to decide what to speak about, but the instructor helped tremendously!

We then sat down and listened to the other people do their presentations and the 'judges' - a few teachers - decided on who was best.
Thanks for the info
tennantgirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey,
Well we had it yesterday- it was really good. And I got picked as one of the people to go forward for a jack petchey competition or something, but next week there is the next round and only one of five will go through.
We can talk about anything, it needs to be really interesting. Last one I did on the 'youth of today' and how we are perceived by the media- but i dont know if it will be good enough

Asha.xox
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
can anyone suggest any ideas to talk about cos I'm sort of debating whether to talk about anorexia as my friend went through it but not too sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.32%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (16)
17.02%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
24.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.28%

Watched Threads