Turn on thread page Beta

OCR Physics - Extension Paper - Monday AM watch

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else doing specification A extension paper on Monday morning? I am struggling to revise for it The OCR text book is cr*p and my revision guide (Letts) isn't too good either. Any tips?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing spec B but yeah the revision guides are as good as useless and I have pretty few notes . . . . hope it's not to hard cos didn't think my core was great. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    am doing one OCR section not sur ewhich am doin communications, resonance, thermistors etc Wat u doin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arowe16)
    am doing one OCR section not sur ewhich am doin communications, resonance, thermistors etc Wat u doin?
    same as you!

ReputationRep:
    alrite cool. I found that core hard as well which was unusual as the past papers and mocks were quite easy werent they? which section of the extension d you find hardest? i find the stuff on thermistors well difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Does that include logic gates and specific heat capacity and all that kind of stuff? If so, I'm doing the same! (spec A).

ReputationRep:
    I definately includes SHC but i dont think it includes logic gates it might do tho. wat else do u have to do in Spec A

ReputationRep:
    alrite cool. I found that core hard as well which was unusual as the past papers and mocks were quite easy werent they? which section of the extension d you find hardest? i find the stuff on thermistors well difficult.
    Past papers were fine and I did fine in my mock but since then my teach has lost it and basically wasn't there for most of our lessons. Been revising from the syllabus and to be honest we've hardly done any of it and the textbooks are core ones. I have no idea what a thermistor is :eek: , not done resonance or cathode ray tubes. I am f***ed to be honest and I wanted a good grade. :mad: Anyone got any good websites to help me - I'm desperate . . .

ReputationRep:
    My teacher recommended a site called s-cool.co.uk though it could just be for the core. Yeah my teachers not gr8 either we spent like two lessons on each subject+ doesnt help that my teacher is my best friends dad so he lets us get away wit anything lol. Reckon i should be okay in the extension though because its generally just skills and not really knowledge and physics is my best subject.

ReputationRep:
    My teacher recommended a site called s-cool.co.uk though it could just be for the core.
    It's just core . . . this really sucks gonna just have to search random sites to find stuff out.

ReputationRep:
    I really find the Physics Extension topics hard (I'm doing spec A). I just don't understand electronics, interference and resonance!

ReputationRep:
    What aspects do you find the hardest of each of those topics. I find electromics the hardest and the thermistors and LDRs personally probably because we never f*****g did it

ReputationRep:
    What aspects do you find the hardest of each of those topics. I find electromics the hardest and the thermistors and LDRs personally probably because we never f*****g did it
    Tell me bout it! Only jst found out wtf a thermistor was! Don't like communications with waves much. Do ya know how headphones work cos I can only find out about loud speakers, microphones and tape heads? I like projectile motion questions the best - makes me feel really clever when i can do them lol!

ReputationRep:
    Lol same they are quite hard so when u've done them you feel so pleased with yourself. I am pretty sure headphones work in the same way as speakers by causing a cone to vibrate beneath the mesh that covers them. I just checked it out vaguely on internet and it seems to suggest same thing so thats ok.

ReputationRep:
    i think if ur doing spec A u have to do SUVAT as well

ReputationRep:
    sorry suvat and i read one of your over threads u found chemistry really easy too yeah asadtamimi?

ReputationRep:
    yea i personally thought it was really easy but i got a telling off lol

ReputationRep:
    yeah same (found it easy + gt told off for sayin so) was well unsensitive to say that of us though i think now neways what does SUVAT mean?

ReputationRep:
    oh its the equations where
    S = distance
    U = initial speed
    V = final speed
    A = acceleraition
    T = time

just plug some numbers into equations - i think the easiest part of triple spec - worth qwuite a few marks (only on A i think)

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah sorry i know all that id just never heard that abbreviation b4. Those qs are generally the hardest on the paper unless one comes up on how thermistors work because they require that moduklator or something as their resistance is at its highest wen it should be at its lowest. care to explain how that works to me because those gcp revision books are so vague lol

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.