Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just read this question from the interview the person below you and thot it was a very interesting subj

personally i would like to live a LOOONg life but not forever...because if u live forever ud have to be sumthing like invincible...

if u live for decades and let time pass by u would just be bored with it eventually...reminds me of a film called highlander...the guys invinclible and he doesnt age..then he finds the love of his life but she grew old blah blah

sumday we shod all pass on but no today...

whats ur opinion...live forever...die today? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    die today cos i'm gonna live forever anyways

ReputationRep:
    why r u gna live forever??

ReputationRep:
    cos i'm a christian

ReputationRep:
    oh but that's not really living forever. i say...live for the moment

ReputationRep:
    i guess it's not really LIVING forever as in life on earth. obviously it couldn't be, cos you'd've died, wouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    i think we all know the queen song, i'd hate to live forever, seeing everybody you know and love die, being screwed over by all kinds of governments, and presuming you are immortal, what the hell are you going to do when the sun expands

ReputationRep:
    Scubar... is that like Fubar?

ReputationRep:
    no, i got the idea from scuba diving, and i altered it into a name which was original, i have no idea what it mean in the fubar sense of things

ReputationRep:
    F.U.B.A.R. = army slang for F***** Up Beyond All Recognition

ReputationRep:
    yes, i know that, what i meant was i don't know what scubar would mean

ReputationRep:
    Die now blatantly.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scubar)
    yes, i know that, what i meant was i don't know what scubar would mean
    SCUBAR.... er, let me think....

S something C something Up Beyond All Recognition

but I can't for the life of me think of an S and a C word that FIT!

ReputationRep:
    SCUBAR = SCrewed Up Beyond All Recognition?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesser weevil)
    die today cos i'm gonna live forever anyways
    Aww isn't it more important you live so you can fullfill (sp?) God's plan for you til He calls you home?

Although everything else aside... no not yet I don't wanna die yet - I wanna do all I can to bring my ex to God before I leave, if I got the choice. God's the best thing I know and the best I've got and I want him so much to know and love God.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna live forever and shagg aliens.muhahaha.lol.

ReputationRep:
    well I wont live forever and I don't know if I wont die today....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by irisng)
    Aww isn't it more important you live so you can fullfill (sp?) God's plan for you til He calls you home?

Although everything else aside... no not yet I don't wanna die yet - I wanna do all I can to bring my ex to God before I leave, if I got the choice. God's the best thing I know and the best I've got and I want him so much to know and love God.
    yeah, that is a point. And in any case, I'm not really likely to die until his plan is fulfilled unless I commit suicide or something.... Anyway, God rocks, and his will is LAW...

ReputationRep:
    oooh it was me who put that in the interview thread...

woooooooooow a talking point.

i can never decide the answer to that question though!

ReputationRep:
    Could "forever" theoretically end tomorrow. I dont really understand the word. If someone was to say "i'll love you forever", and the person who said it died tomorrow, along with the person who it was said to, then would "forever" be over?

Obviously im ignoring all religious teachings but i am "forever :rolleyes: " asking myself this question. I mean, if you died, you do not exist, so you cannot physically "do" anything like love or whatever. The person the above quoted example was aimed at can carry the memory, and make it last, but when they die, does "forever" come to an end.

I make no sense sometimes, so i apologise if you read that and thought it made no sense.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.