The Student Room Group

Queen's University, Belfast 2010 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

mikeybey
How long did you wait? I don't want to seem too eager.

Haha why 'Oh god, this boy is EAGER to come here, let's reject him...'?

Giving that impression isn't a bad thing. It's appearing impatient that is.

I emailed them about a week after, saying:

Dear Mrs X xxxxxx,

We have not long previously corresponded, concerning my interest in applying to Queen's to read English (Q300) in 2010.

As you may be aware, I sent my application on the 23rd of October, but after reading your Admissions Principles it was brought to my attention that it is common for the department to acknowledge receipt of applications. Thus far I have not received anything, although I do understand that this is a busy time for admissions departments UK-wide. I am just emailing to enquire as to whether my application has been received safely, just as a precaution, as I would not like to miss out on a potential place at Queen's!

Furthermore, I was wondering how Queen's make offers; are decisions posted simply on UCAS Track or are letters sometimes sent to applicants?

I hope to hear from you soon, and thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Regards,

Hope this helps.

Then BOOM, offer for meee :woo:.
Reply 41
Thanks, I'll get to it. And have some rep :smile:
Merci Beacoup :smile:!
Reply 43
Alexandra1234567
Haha, thank you :smile:. But, well, my academia was never really quite up to 'St Andrews standard', not for their 2nd most competitive course anyway, so I reckon it was a fluke on a good PS, and now they won't bother :mad:.

But I can hopeeee :eek3:.

You can definitely hope, Im pretty confident you'll get it second time around too. Best of luck.

On a side note for all Queen's medicine applicants, I just phoned them up and they said they intend to send out offers shortly before christmas! Would be an amazing Christmas present :eek: :biggrin:
Sanjetti
You can definitely hope, Im pretty confident you'll get it second time around too. Best of luck.

On a side note for all Queen's medicine applicants, I just phoned them up and they said they intend to send out offers shortly before christmas! Would be an amazing Christmas present :eek: :biggrin:

Why thank you :smile:. I hope you're right, people are having to be confident on my behalf.

And oooh :biggrin:. You get your own cadaver to work on as well, it becomes 'a friend'.
Reply 45
Alexandra1234567
Why thank you :smile:. I hope you're right, people are having to be confident on my behalf.

And oooh :biggrin:. You get your own cadaver to work on as well, it becomes 'a friend'.

haha I didn't know that! :p:
Reply 46
Sanjetti

Wow! That would be SO amazing :yep:
Hi,
Ive applied for social anthropology at queens :smile:
havent heard anything yet though only applied last friday.
Good luck :smile:.

Is QUB your first, last, whatever choice?
Reply 49
Alexandra1234567
Good luck :smile:.

Is QUB your first, last, whatever choice?

:frown: Belfast are pissed at me, by the sounds of it.

Dear Mr Thorns

We acknowledge receipt of your email. We do not send out an acknowledgment confirming the receipt of applications as you should be notified by UCAS that your application has been sent.

However, we can confirm that your application for Sociology has arrived for consideration.

I hope that this is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

Admissions and Access Service
mikeybey
:frown: Belfast are pissed at me, by the sounds of it.

Dear Mr Thorns

We acknowledge receipt of your email. We do not send out an acknowledgment confirming the receipt of applications as you should be notified by UCAS that your application has been sent.

However, we can confirm that your application for Sociology has arrived for consideration.

I hope that this is of assistance.

Yours sincerely

Oooer :s-smilie:. It's a mite bit grumpier than the one I got:

Dear Ms X

Thank you for your email. We acknowledge that you have applied for the BA Honours English degree course at Queen’s University Belfast.

I hope that this helps to clarify the situation at present.

Yours sincerely

But in their admissions principles they say the acknowledge all applications :hmmm:.
Reply 51
Alexandra1234567
Oooer :s-smilie:. It's a mite bit grumpier than the one I got:

Dear Ms X

Thank you for your email. We acknowledge that you have applied for the BA Honours English degree course at Queen’s University Belfast.

I hope that this helps to clarify the situation at present.

Yours sincerely

But in their admissions principles they say the acknowledge all applications :hmmm:.

I know, I checked it myself and even wrote "I'm aware that many of the departments acknowledge receipt" just in case it was Sociology.

Ah well, guess I had a pissed-off admissions person. Either that, or it was Geraldine Kennedy who's probably fed up of seeing my name in her e-mail box!
mikeybey
I know, I checked it myself and even wrote "I'm aware that many of the departments acknowledge receipt" just in case it was Sociology.

Ah well, guess I had a pissed-off admissions person. Either that, or it was Geraldine Kennedy who's probably fed up of seeing my name in her e-mail box!

Ya'll been hassling her?

My hassle-ee has been John Thompson :smile:.
Reply 53
Alexandra1234567
Ya'll been hassling her?

My hassle-ee has been John Thompson :smile:.

Not per se, but she was the one who organised my trip to Queens, and there was a nightmare with finding my subject talk and I ended up just giving up and going to the tour. Thus I then had to e-mail her again when I got back to apologise.

And I got the date wrong when I booked the flights, so had to change the date of my visit :x
mikeybey
Not per se, but she was the one who organised my trip to Queens, and there was a nightmare with finding my subject talk and I ended up just giving up and going to the tour. Thus I then had to e-mail her again when I got back to apologise.

And I got the date wrong when I booked the flights, so had to change the date of my visit :x

Well done :tongue:.

I'm organising my trip in the new year some time. I want to go on my own but my dad won't let me :hmmm:.
Reply 55
Alexandra1234567
Well done :tongue:.

I'm organising my trip in the new year some time. I want to go on my own but my dad won't let me :hmmm:.

Well to be fair to him, he's seen it all kick off in Northern Ireland, it'd be like us sending our kids to Iraq!
mikeybey
Well to be fair to him, he's seen it all kick off in Northern Ireland, it'd be like us sending our kids to Iraq!

Tralalalalalala
mikeybey
Lalala

Please could you edit your original post :smile:?

Not for discussion on a public forum, no way no how :smile:.
Reply 58
Alexandra1234567
lala

Done, sorry :smile:
mikeybey
Done, sorry :smile:

Thank you :smile:!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending