The Student Room Group

Queen's University, Belfast 2010 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Congratulations :biggrin:, it's just me and you so far I think moncherie, unless people are being quiet about offers :hmmm:.
Reply 61
Yep :banghead:
mikeybey
Yep :banghead:

Soon, petal, soon.

I can sense it :ninja:.
Reply 63
Alexandra1234567
Soon, petal, soon.

I can sense it :ninja:.

I can sense rejection! :frown:
mikeybey
I can sense rejection! :frown:

Why! :frown:

What do they ask for, and what are your AS grades and predicts :smile:?
Also guys, once I've done my Thatcher essay I'm going to edit the OP with all of our names and what we've applied for etc :smile:.
Reply 66
Alexandra1234567
Why! :frown:

What do they ask for, and what are your AS grades and predicts :smile:?

They ask for BBB or BBCb, I got acc last year and am predicted ABB

Sorry, I'm currently being very negative about my universities, I'm sure I'll be better once someone gives me a damn offer!
mikeybey
They ask for BBB or BBCb, I got acc last year and am predicted ABB

Sorry, I'm currently being very negative about my universities, I'm sure I'll be better once someone gives me a damn offer!

You should be fine :smile:, the two Cs may be what's slowing them down but Sociology isn't a massive oversubscribed course so I reckon you're a shoo in :smile:.

Haha, that's understandable. I'm getting annoyed that I've not heard more!
Reply 68
Alexandra1234567
Congratulations :biggrin:, it's just me and you so far I think moncherie, unless people are being quiet about offers :hmmm:.

We just aren't as good as you! And I think the list thing would be a really good idea, not sure if there are enough of us quite yet.
Reply 69
Lord Wilson
I'm a proud Northern Irish student and i have applied for Medicine and Pharmacy at Queens. I resent that comment by Mickbey, Northern Ireland is a LOT safer now than England or Scotland and i believe that the above comment is one of a typical single-minded English ****! My father was in the Ulster Defence Regiment and Prison Service during the troubles, and i can guarantee you that none of my family or friends would ever be involved in such behaviour as the British Army encounter in IRAQ. So i would like you to keep you highly opinionated comments to yourself, unless you have an actual experience of Northern Ireland.

A very proud Northern Irish and South African Citizen!

Someone told me I shouldn't have applied to QUB because of the alleged crime and stuff. She was really lovely, but I was just thinking in my mind "I really don't care, even if that IS true. I want to study there" (I'm from England btw)
Alexandra1234567
Good luck :smile:.

Is QUB your first, last, whatever choice?

I think im gonna have it as my first, Lampeter as my second :smile:
Lord Wilson
I'm a proud Northern Irish student and i have applied for Medicine and Pharmacy at Queens. I resent that comment by Mickbey, Northern Ireland is a LOT safer now than England or Scotland and i believe that the above comment is one of a typical single-minded English ****! My father was in the Ulster Defence Regiment and Prison Service during the troubles, and i can guarantee you that none of my family or friends would ever be involved in such behaviour as the British Army encounter in IRAQ. So i would like you to keep you highly opinionated comments to yourself, unless you have an actual experience of Northern Ireland.

Congratulations on being a proud patriot, there's nothing wrong with that.

But, come on, get off your soap box. Mikeybey was merely saying he understood about my father worrying about me going somewhere on my own, particularly somewhere that ONCE WAS dangerous.

As for the latter statement, likewise. If Mikeybey had said 'I'm not surprised, Northern Ireland's well dangerous and full of these sorts and these sorts' it'd be his opinion, and you'd have a right to be annoyed. He didn't.

He was saying, as is TRUE, that is has 'all kicked off there in the past'. That is not opinion, it's just a sad fact. He also made a light, non offensive and not really opinionated at all comparison. Your post is highly opinionated; and rude. Please do not swear at people in my thread :smile:.
Reply 72
Lord Wilson

Why don't you read my post again before calling me a c@#t, I was stating that her father saw Northern Ireland when it was like Iraq is now, and it would be the same as us sending our children to Iraq in the future.
mikeybey
Why don't you read my post again before calling me a c@#t, I was stating that her father saw Northern Ireland when it was like Iraq is now, and it would be the same as us sending our children to Iraq in the future.

I'm sure after what I've explained to him he will reconsider and retract what he said. If he doesn't, just ignore him (as that is what I plan to do).

This is a happy thread :smile:.
Slpemberton
I think im gonna have it as my first, Lampeter as my second :smile:

Ahh, lovely :smile:. I have a friend at Lampeter doing English Literature and Ancient History!
Reply 75
Alexandra1234567
Ahh, lovely :smile:. I have a friend at Lampeter doing English Literature and Ancient History!

Even though it's not belfast - Durham put me through to college today! Which means I'm 99.9999999999999r% likely to receive an offer! :biggrin:
mikeybey
Even though it's not belfast - Durham put me through to college today! Which means I'm 99.9999999999999r% likely to receive an offer! :biggrin:

YAY! Congratulations :woo:. I never made it that far with Durham last year :tongue:.
Also, guys, do you like the new updated OP :smile:?

Let me know (for potential lurkers) if you want adding to it etc.
Reply 78
Alexandra1234567

lav it!
Reply 79
Alexandra1234567

Love it too :love:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending