Turn on thread page Beta

My Prediction for Grade Boundaries This Year watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi i was just getting bored and then began to think and began to get nervous. Below i have made educated guesses on the Grade Boundaries for the subject that i have taken if this is any help. Also if you disagree with my asumption please feel free to post your own.

Edexcel Mathematics Higher

A* 75 and Over
    A 60 - 74
    B 50-60
    C 40-50

Edexcel Double Award Science ( CO-Ordinated)

A* 82 +
    A 70-82
    B 60 -70
    C 50- 60

Edexcel English

A* Over 85
    A 75 - 84 ( Not Sure anybody else know??)

OCR RE

A* 88 and over
    A 70
    B 60

OCR Geography

A* 85
    A 68

Applied ICT and Business ( OCR)

90 A*
    80 A
    70 B

CDT Electronics OCR i have no idea

Statistics Edexcel I need help if anyone has ideas

THANK JIMIT

ReputationRep:
    Is this percentages? Geography is never that high

ReputationRep:
    English better not be that high..grrrr

ReputationRep:
    usually for science...edexcel higher double aware 56 -7o% is a B. Its been like that for the last few years

ReputationRep:
    *award

ReputationRep:
    JIMIT, you better shut ur mouth mate. U ll make me angry. Dont dissapoint me,plzzzz.lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimit)
    Edexcel Double Award Science ( CO-Ordinated)

A* 82 +
    A 70-82
    B 60 -70
    C 50- 60
    That seems unnecessarily high. I am pretty sure that this is what AQA requires of you in Double-Award science:

A* = 77/90
    A = 65/90
    B = 52/90
    C = 41/90

I am almost certain this is what boundaries will be for AQA Double-Award science, as they were just slightly lower last year and I've compared questions from 2004 with questions I answered in my external exams last week and the 2005 questions seem just that bit more "thorough". By that I mean that the 2005 questions required answering in slightly more depth and there were less calculations. In my opinion calculations are easier than explaining something in words.

ReputationRep:
    All my exam boards are different.

Edexcel geography is usually 83% for an A* (was 78% last year).

ReputationRep:
    Mate ive put the science as a percentage not a mark out of 90

ReputationRep:
    Oops my bad... Yeah percentage wise that looks pretty darn accurate.

ReputationRep:
    no not edexcel maths higher at all ... paper was much easier then past ones so A* will be in the region of 80% +

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asadtamimi)
    no not edexcel maths higher at all ... paper was much easier then past ones so A* will be in the region of 80% +
    It better not be...this year's papers were much harder than last years, so hopefully the grade boundaries will be much lower. They wouldn't raise A* percentage to over 80% would they?

ReputationRep:
    well in previous years - and i mean 2000 and beyond its been 82% with coursework

ReputationRep:
    u really think last years were easier... i thought last years were really challenging - was reflected in the A* boundary being 61%

ReputationRep:
    u really think last years were easier... i thought last years were really challenging - was reflected in the A* boundary being 61%
    That's why I find it quite depressing - i did last year's papers and got 90 but this year i missed loads of questions out so will probably not get the much-needed A*. Oh well. Yeh, i think i found last years papers easier because it ahd loads of algebra which im good at whereas im useless when it comes to shape & space, and lots of it were in this years papers!

ReputationRep:
    wow 90 thats impressive - i thought igot that in this years paper but honestly thought it was quite easy as in the first paper the last few question involved powers which normally appears at the beginning

but iguess everyone has different strengths in maths and luck of questions

ReputationRep:
    Seriously last year's paper was only 61% for an A*? Woah. I thought it was in the 80s.

I did that paper, so don't really know about this year's...but from what I've heard, I think that this year's would be higher than last year's definitely. But I wouldn't think much over 80%. Maybe around 80%?

ReputationRep:
    Last years maths papers were much harder than this years, was very difficult last year, i felt i completely ****ed my exam in maths last year and still came out with an A, French was also very difficult last year.

The boundary for a B is nowhere near 50%, much closer to 40% if that means anything to anyone.

ReputationRep:
    Remember that if all depends on how people do in the exams. For example people mentioned the maths paper last year. That was very difficult so they made the grade boundires very low (something like 40% for an A) because of the low results. Theres no telling/ We just have to sit back and wait

ReputationRep:
    Our esteemed examiners are totally unpredictable when playing around with boundaries.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.