Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi this prob sounds really silly to most people but how do u put a negative number into ur calculator ?

Like -3 , because i need to do find out -3 and other negative numbers squared but im not sure how u do it on a calculator..

ok... hope that made sum sense :-X

ReputationRep:
    well any number squared is the positive number squared

so -3 squared = 3 squared
    -x squared = x squared

to put in a negative number though, just press the minus button on yer calculator then the number.

ReputationRep:
    the minus button might be a minus in brackets (-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHL)
    Hi this prob sounds really silly to most people but how do u put a negative number into ur calculator ?

Like -3 , because i need to do find out -3 and other negative numbers squared but im not sure how u do it on a calculator..

ok... hope that made sum sense :-X

some calculators want the number first then to press the negative button (not the minus button!)

ReputationRep:
    thanks alot :-)

I needed it to do spearman rank for my Mayfield high GCSE project which u may have read my posts on last week when i was threating.

My teacher read what ive done so far and said with spearman rank included it shud be b/a so yay :-)

adios :-P

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 11, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.