Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I didnt get that.....thought Letts was better didnt like the layout of that NAS book.....
    He insisted so I obliged...lol :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know where i can get hold of mark schemes for the 6b papaers?

ReputationRep:
    The Letts revision guides are the worst i have ever seen...I tried to revise from them...half the stuff is missing and a lot of the information is wrong. CGP are by far the best, but they dont do A2

ReputationRep:
    woooooooooooah easy KP....lol....yeh we all have our different opinions and CGP just do theirs till AS????

ReputationRep:
    lol just saw u did mention that they don't do A2..... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bond007)
    That wud be Brill.....as then I could check if I was kinda right in U5....

waiting.................
    Here you go

For the transition state, they might expect you to have dotted lines on the OH and Br bonds. Sillily I didn't, as I was worried it would look like an attempt to show 3D (d'oh!). If they do penalise for lack of dotted lines though, that seems kinda fussy to me.

Anyone please say if I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really very worried about Unit 6, for I didn't do well in Unit 5. Do we have to memorise all the AS Organic reactions with their conditions and reagents?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but we need to know about them for the other units anyway (ie. alcohols).

The bit that I will be going over are the three main industrial processes, just in case.

(Original post by mr_shoe_uk)
    Here you go

For the transition state, they might expect you to have dotted lines on the OH and Br bonds. Sillily I didn't, as I was worried it would look like an attempt to show 3D (d'oh!). If they do penalise for lack of dotted lines though, that seems kinda fussy to me.

Anyone please say if I'm wrong.
    thE tRansition statE has a nEgativE chaRgE ovERaLL

ReputationRep:
    Oops, yeah, just but a bracketed -ve chage round it.

(Damn, another mark lost in unit 5! Let's hope I have enough for an A overall)

ReputationRep:
    i haf no motivation 2 revise for this unit 6..maybe its becoz its my last exam n its so hard....-_-
    n e 1 do nuffield? i feel very lucky as i get to bring my textbook into the exam ^^
    but apprently it doesnt really help that much..coz u dunt have time to check ya textbook etc ><

(Original post by Mag)
    i haf no motivation 2 revise for this unit 6..maybe its becoz its my last exam n its so hard....-_-
    n e 1 do nuffield? i feel very lucky as i get to bring my textbook into the exam ^^
    but apprently it doesnt really help that much..coz u dunt have time to check ya textbook etc ><

huh? textbook into the EXAM?! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    wtf u have a textbook??????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian cutie)
    wtf u have a textbook??????
    lol dont consider us lucky tho. the nuffield text book is the *****iest text book ever made in my opinion and according to many other students and teachers cos its just got experiment procedures and no conditions or reagents and nuthing is explained properly. this is y we r allowed to take it into exam cos it dont help us. sumtimes in the qn they tell u to look up data on a certain page so thats probably y we have to take it in.

ReputationRep:
    yes i agree
    it is soooooo bad..i dun even read it....i use the 'chemistry for u' textbook n a collection of others..i dun even no whyw e do this course -_-
    according to my teacher the pple who do well in the synoptic r the ones that dun even open the textbook during the exam..its kinda useless to a point...
    to me, tis more of a comfort thing really =P

ReputationRep:
    From the past papers I've done I'd suggest we've gotta be pretty clued up on

-Calculations...of any kind!
    -Eθ calculations, equations, feasibility etc.
    -All organic reactions
    -All organic mechanisms (though there were 3 in the unit 5)
    -Rates of reactions
    -Equilibria + calculations
    -Shapes of molecules
    -Acid/Base theory
    -Transition metals
    -Extraction of aluminium
    -Intermolecular forces esp. hydrogen bonding and solubility of organic molecules

Oh and reactions of hydrogen halides with sulphuric acid has come up twice so thats something to keep in mind.

ReputationRep:
    dont know if this will help in anyway but in unit2 this year there was a massive thing about aluminum extraction.

ReputationRep:
    they will ask things about unit 1 and 2, eg. trend in thermal stability of nitrates and carbonates, but with something so distant its likely theyll give you a hint, eg "with consideration of ionic radius and charge affecting polatising power, explain the trend...", or they may ask you to explain why something is X, rather than ask you to state X then explain it, because they don't want people who have forgotten X to lose marks on laterquestion which also test knowledge about X.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys i am looking for edexcel United 6B(synoptic) January 05 paper.
    If anyone have it plz let me get hold of it. Thank you very much!
    Oh btw i already got the marking scheme, only the paper i need. Cheers happy revising!

ReputationRep:
    sum1 help me out here,

NaOH(aq) + H2SO4(aq) -----> Na2SO4(aq) + 2H2O(l)

HOW is the mole ratio of NAOH2SO4 2:1 ?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 28, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.