Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    HOW WAS IT EVERY1

ReputationRep:
    urgh. not very good. seemed really synoptic with a few really random questions.. what about you?

ReputationRep:
    i missed out last 4 marker as i ran out of time and ive now realised tomato is a nat. inbreeder so i should have done mass selection instead of thinking it was like maize and doing lots of crossing,

anyways ive looked in markschemes the average raw mark needed for an A is 67 out of 90, this is based on last four sittings of the exam, so i rekon ill get a low A for my UMS i.e. 73 etc.

it was such a rush, im so annoyed that i let myself write too much on gen fingerprint q. when i know i prob got full marks but i cudnt help myself,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trachea)
    it was such a rush, im so annoyed that i let myself write too much on gen fingerprint q. when i know i prob got full marks but i cudnt help myself,
    Yup exactly the same. Book doesn't actually give alot about symptoms of CF but why the hell do the tell you one on the other page!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trachea)
    i missed out last 4 marker as i ran out of time and ive now realised tomato is a nat. inbreeder so i should have done mass selection instead of thinking it was like maize and doing lots of crossing,

anyways ive looked in markschemes the average raw mark needed for an A is 67 out of 90, this is based on last four sittings of the exam, so i rekon ill get a low A for my UMS i.e. 73 etc.

oh really mass selection eh!! sigh........oh well i guess im just going to have to wait and see. I fuked up both essay questions

ReputationRep:
    Ditto!

I just said cross the two to get a mix and then backcross to which ever parent to get the appropriate background genes... completely blanked on mass selection and all that rubbish - I spent too long on the genetic fingerprinting one too. Hopefelly if we've all done badly the grade boundaries will go up

Somehow I don't think I've got the 73/90 that I needed to get my A...

*Cries*

Ellie x

ReputationRep:
    i dunno why but i found it alright actually. I need a b overall and i messed up sooo badly in unifying concepts that hopefully this will bump up my marks.
    I ran out of time too though. I just finished all the questions but i didnt have enough time to read through.
    Did you find that it seemed like a mix of applications of genetics and unifying concepts. I had to think loads before ansering the Q, like the Q that asked how a protein pump works. Im sure thats not applications of genetics.

ReputationRep:
    Yer that protein question was a little unorthodox, I must have read it at least 5 times thinking it had no direct connection to the actuall theorey they want you to learn for the exam.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was really hard!! =(
    Especially the sperm question.. That's like half a column in our text books and they gave a whole question on it!!
    Mean =(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violet)
    I thought it was really hard!! =(
    Especially the sperm question.. That's like half a column in our text books and they gave a whole question on it!!
    Mean =(
    i didnt even realise it was in our text books lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverfish)
    i didnt even realise it was in our text books lol
    I just skipped it cos it was so little

ReputationRep:
    I just skipped it cos it was so little
    kinda think you do though isnt it violet :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayrox)
    kinda think you do though isnt it violet :p:
    Shhh :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Shhh :rolleyes:
    never

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 2, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.