Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How was the paper? what did you think of the microbiology questions?
    Did anyone understand the calcualations?

ReputationRep:
    I think I understood them. I got 0.35 and 175 for the calcs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rani)
    How was the paper? what did you think of the microbiology questions?
    Did anyone understand the calcualations?
    it was not too bad suprisingly, i was a bit confused about the numbers, but i got 0.35 for the first concentraion, and i think 175gm, in 50cm3 for the second.

ReputationRep:
    almalm I hope you're right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshdajoker)
    almalm I hope you're right
    I hope so to :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Me too!
    Thats what I got, and 900 x 3 = 2700 for the number of nucleotides???
    :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    Yes deity! I got 2700 too. some people have been sayon 450 or 300. I think 2700 is correct.

ReputationRep:
    Yup 2700, which synoptic essay did u do? i did negative feedback

ReputationRep:
    I did the temperature one, silly me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    I did the temperature one, silly me.
    wat did u rite for that one, all i could think of was enzymes.

ReputationRep:
    What did you say about the USA for salmonella food poisoning and that other one? :confused:
    I said introduction of sewage works for the first one, and increase in battery farming due to demand for food for the second one!?

ReputationRep:
    I said that typhoid fever was caused by water borne infection, and bcoz of better hygene, water treatment, most of the bacteria was killed. wheras with salmonela u hav massed produced food, and if there is contamination it has much wider effects.

ReputationRep:
    wat did u rite for that one, all i could think of was enzymes.
    I put down enzymes, a bit about temperature regulation, natural selection (how species will change to adapt for rise in temperature), succesion (areas which have a little of plant vegetation now becoming colonised when permfrost mealts), melting icebergs (I was desperate), xerophytes adaptations, sth about C4 plants taking over as they photosynthetise better in higher temperature. And a bit about fish dying as less oxygen disolves in water in higher temperature.

ReputationRep:
    i did the negative feedback essay
    didnt really find much "scientific breadth" spent most of it speaking about osmoregulation, thermoregulation. glucose control, para/sympathetic system ...all from module 4!

did anyone come up with anything else...and is there anything in plants
    i thought the rest of the paper was quite nice..apart from the essay

ReputationRep:
    hehe i hope sooo...i didnt even give the second one a chance

ReputationRep:
    I have writen plan for both, concluded that both are **** and then finaly decided to do the second one.

ReputationRep:
    I think microbes was pretty cool. Glad to see some matching calculations. I LOVE calculations in bio. They are a gift usually.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone get a different answer for the nucleotide question? Didn't you have to take into account the number of proteins/filaments/flagella as well as the amino acids? Or did I read the question wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura_M)
    Did anyone get a different answer for the nucleotide question? Didn't you have to take into account the number of proteins/filaments/flagella as well as the amino acids? Or did I read the question wrong?
    Yeh, i was quite confused by that, i must have read that question atleast 5 times tryn 2 work out what they were asking 4. But they said that they wanted the number of amino acids in A protien, not the total number of amino acids in the 2 flagela.

ReputationRep:
    All that numeriacal data was needed for the next question for number of aminoacids incorporated per minute. Number of nuclotides was just 3* 900 (1 mark question)

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  2. Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 18 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.