Turn on thread page Beta

How Do I Stop Thinking About Results? watch

ReputationRep:
    How do I stop analysing myself? It is so long til results and I swear I will go insane.

That stupid edexcel AS physics exam was so... weird. and bio and chem i dunno. I am only 100% satisfied with one exam, M1, I know I got about 90% on that. Physics is what's eating away at me though. I feel the exam did not test me and was focussed on very limited sections of the syllabus. ZERO suvat equations and NO radiation equations and arg!

What can I do to stop my brain doing this to me!

ReputationRep:
    You could revise again and pretend your revising for a set of exams on 18th of august

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kavanne)
    How do I stop analysing myself? It is so long til results and I swear I will go insane.

That stupid edexcel AS physics exam was so... weird. and bio and chem i dunno. I am only 100% satisfied with one exam, M1, I know I got about 90% on that. Physics is what's eating away at me though. I feel the exam did not test me and was focussed on very limited sections of the syllabus. ZERO suvat equations and NO radiation equations and arg!

I know what you mean Don't worry, it will stop soon when other things happen to take your mind off them - I usually find I fret non-stop, obsessively going over the papers in my head, researching grade boundaries etc and boring my friends stupid for a week or two, then I totally forget about them until a week or two before the results are due out when I keep imagining getting my results.

ReputationRep:
    You need to chill. There's nothing you an do, you can't turn back time, you can't change the exam paper.

I live by this; i only worry when i'm in true danger. If you think a ****ed exam/exams is true danger, then you're weird. At the end of the day, exams aint the be all and end all of life.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel. I have Nuclear and Particle Physics on Monday, my final exam, and Physics is my dodgiest subject. So far I have had an A, two B's and a D in the various modules and then a B in my coursework (and an unknown mark in the Synoptic Paper I did 2 weeks ago) - I need a B overall, but I'm too frightened to analyse my marks and work out exactly what percentage I need in this final module because then I'll just be pressurising myself.

AAAAAAGH!

~Ian

ReputationRep:
    it can make the difference between achieving your ambition and not achieving your ambition. And depending on how much you want to achieve it, depends on how much it affects you. Personally if I dont achieve it and dont become an architect Im gonna die trying.

For me its not simply a university course, something to do before i get a job or even just a method of gettin employed easily. Architecture, for me is both an obssesion and a way of life.

ReputationRep:
    To get ur mind off things try arranging stones in size order; and pointing.
    On a serious note, I know what u mean about 'weird' exams, u cant tell if u've done well or badly cos the exam was jst so odd.

Sometimes an A in a phys paper can be getting over 65% only. (well for AQA it is, so it shud b similar for other boards) so if a paper was particularly hard, there is a chance that the rest of the country found it impossible too, and when it comes down to it, u cud hav gotton summit like 68% and still gotton an A. So the actual percentage that u got right in the exam may not correlate directly to the grade

dont u jst luv that confuzzling UMS? its getting me thru this (M2 was a big poohead, so was Unifying concepts for my chem paper)

ReputationRep:

Stay busy! And don't stop.

ReputationRep:
    Fill it with alcohol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NSPROAT)
    Fill it with alcohol?
    I don't drink! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Take up a new hobby, something you know you'll really suck at. So you spend all your time worrying about it instead of the exams.

ReputationRep:
    Or else...try to play some sport...jus start reading.. or .. apply for a part time.. job.. lol im so dumb im suffering the same.. thing.. and im advising ......

ReputationRep:
    turn to drugs

ReputationRep:
    lol im glad im not the only one. its really bad cos in most exams i try and figure out how many marks ive got then i spends hours trying to figure how many marks i have and how many i need.:afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian cutie)
    lol im glad im not the only one. its really bad cos in most exams i try and figure out how many marks ive got then i spends hours trying to figure how many marks i have and how many i need.:afraid:
    Same here. I calculated for one of my subjects, I need a grade C or above in one module to get an overall grade C/D. Not sure if that is going to happen after my bad performance in Geography. I wrote a lot for the second question, but not the first one. I just hope I get good marks on the second question to boost my grade for that unit and hopefully the overall grade.

ReputationRep:
    i spent hours analysing GCSE's, totally pointless, i thought i was going to do better in most, way worse in biology, and actually did best in the 2 i thought I'd only get Bs in.

Also I thought I'd aced a biology AS paper but we talked about it in class and I realised quite a few errors. It is impossible to analyse, you have a warped view of how the exam went, remembering the 5 Qs out of 100 you get wrong could make you think you screwed up when you didn't.

So just think to yourself- it's completely pointless, you'll either get your hopes up and be really disappointed or scare yourself unnecessarily.

ReputationRep:
    I know this doesn't help, but there really is no point worrying about it now. There's nothing you can do to change it. You've put in the hard work studying and done the best you can; now it's time to forget about it, relax and enjoy the summer. There are always resits if you need them. Keep busy by going out with friends or getting a job so you don't have that much time to think about results.

ReputationRep:
    I have already started revising for resits!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchiBoi)
    it can make the difference between achieving your ambition and not achieving your ambition. And depending on how much you want to achieve it, depends on how much it affects you. Personally if I dont achieve it and dont become an architect Im gonna die trying.

For me its not simply a university course, something to do before i get a job or even just a method of gettin employed easily. Architecture, for me is both an obssesion and a way of life.
    Me 2 with vet med. AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH! !!!!! Cant stop worrying, ,messed up physics PHY4 and 5 and crap at 6 so.....just gotta wait n c.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    you could rest assured that whatever damage you do at AS is rectifiable.
    :dito:, there's always retakes. If you're worried now, you don't want to know how scared you will be next year!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.