The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
w8wizz
I have already started revising for resits!

I would start during september/october instead of now. You should spend the summer relaxing.
Reply 21
Kavanne
How do I stop analysing myself? It is so long til results and I swear I will go insane.

That stupid edexcel AS physics exam was so... weird. and bio and chem i dunno. I am only 100% satisfied with one exam, M1, I know I got about 90% on that. Physics is what's eating away at me though. I feel the exam did not test me and was focussed on very limited sections of the syllabus. ZERO suvat equations and NO radiation equations and arg!

What can I do to stop my brain doing this to me!

i think i might blow up if I dont get my results now, I have a very strict offer and i think i messed up an exam i need an A in but i couldn't really tell and it is killing me. I dont remember being this tense for any other and i have done enough, even though they mattered less i always want to get top marks just for me, and now i have even more presure yey!
HELP pwease :frown:... if i wana retake A-levels...is AS seperate to A2... ie can i only retake my A2 yr??????????
plllaease help :biggrin:
Reply 23
Get drunk every night or smoke out
Reply 24
You can retake whichever individual exams/units you want, and (I think) you can retake as many times as you want.
Last year I managed to completely avoid thinking about results by travelling in Europe from a couple of weeks after my exams ended until the day results came out. That was pretty effective. Keep busy - get a job, arrange a holiday/day out with friends, find yourself a new hobby (sport? dancing? an instrument?), make a list of things to read/watch/do and then read/watch/do them, have endless quarrels with your little brother (or someone else's little brother, if you're lacking one of your own)...just don't let yourself sit there and worry.
Don't stop thinking. If you keep thinking about the results, eventually your brain will exhaust each and every possibility, and will have nothing more to think about. Then, you will lapse into a state of utter boredom.
Reply 26
Go out, get laid, get stoned, get drunk, then if your still thinking about results... Hmm, then I don't know, sorry! :biggrin:
can anyone confirm about the retake thing... no offence madelyn... its sumthin thas SO big to me i jus wana make sure like :frown: im soo upset bout it all
but dont worry about me occupyin my time till then
ive gained like 4 injuries already within 4 days of summa from all sports n stuff ive done :biggrin:
Reply 28
moisallgood
can anyone confirm about the retake thing... no offence madelyn... its sumthin thas SO big to me i jus wana make sure like :frown: im soo upset bout it all
but dont worry about me occupyin my time till then
ive gained like 4 injuries already within 4 days of summa from all sports n stuff ive done :biggrin:

You can retake any module as many times as you want. :smile:
:O this is after i finish the 2 yrs?????
moisallgood
:O this is after i finish the 2 yrs?????

No, you can resit AS modules in your A2 year if you want :smile:
Reply 31
I dreamt about results again last night - I got a D in Maths and Physics :frown: I went to school the day before Results Day and there was a woman with all the marked papers in a folder who grudgingly showed me my papers. My Physics paper was about 20 pages of lines of very small, dark printed text that we had to write one-sentence answers under, and I had only answered every other page because half of the double-page spreads had been stuck together when I took the exam :redface:
lol k one can neva b too sure about there life, so once again i'll ask :P
i jus finished A2 exams...knowin ive done badly, so im jus tryna ponder about prospects if things do go bad....so in august if i got insufficient grades,... and i wanted to retake... i can do wat...?
so far sounds good, aparantly take only A2 again right???
huff lemme know oh ppl of knowledge :biggrin:
Mo
Reply 33
If you wanted to retake you wouldn't be able to go to uni and you would have to repeat year 13. I think that's the only way for A2s, if anyone knows another way then post, i'd be interesed to know too. xx
yeah cool, i knew i cudnt go uni
but repeatin only yr13 then ? cool
thanks mousey again
and like she said if ppl know please do lemme knw
'poowr ol Mo' :P
Reply 35
u dont necessarily need to retake yr13, you could only need to take one or two modules from a subject and so you could enter into the january exams and just revise at home yourself. You would just need to enter yourself via a centre to do that
Reply 36

Latest