Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone feeling for this exam? any tips?

ReputationRep:
    ocr cosmology - is this on the ocr physics a level or a different course?

ReputationRep:
    do u have any exam papers/markschemes? if so, could u post them, pleeeeeaaaassseeeeeee! thanks.

ReputationRep:
    is this in the ocr physics a level or is it a different course?

ReputationRep:
    no its the ocr physics board i have no ms or papers, is it true that the end bit of the paper is synoptic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asian cutie)
    no its the ocr physics board i have no ms or papers, is it true that the end bit of the paper is synoptic?
    Yes, im doing cosmology as well

ReputationRep:
    has anyone know the grade boundries, i know for june 2002 it was 65/90 for an a but i havent seen the paper for it

ReputationRep:
    the last question is synoptic

ReputationRep:
    also, i have a question: what happens to the Hubble constant if universe is open,flat,closed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davemarkey)
    also, i have a question: what happens to the Hubble constant if universe is open,flat,closed?
    hmm if its closed then it wouldnt make a difference yet would it... cos it hasnt yet started to contract ??? but it might have started to slow down... which might affect it...

Well if its open it depends if its deccelerating (due to gravity) or acceleratied (as some newevidence has shown)... if its accelerating then the huddle constant will ... err... hmmm decrease or increase...?

if its acceleratin then galaxies used to be going slower... so time would increase and hubbles constant would decrease?
    although im sure i remmeber reading it would inscrease but that doesnt make much sense to me...

damn sorry havent really answered ur question atall, just confused myself

ReputationRep:
    i thought the future of the universe depended more so on the critical density????arghhhh:s:
    oh does anyone know any good sites for general relativity i really dont get it

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 25, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.