Turn on thread page Beta

should imagrants be aloud to work (legally!) watch

ReputationRep:
    do u think imagrants should be allowed to work in the UK if they come to seek asylum?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_austin)
    do u think imagrants should be allowed to work in the UK if they come to seek asylum?
    No. I think they should all **** off.

Seriously though, what the hell does "seek asylum" mean? Anybody can say they are asylum seekers. Are we to give every Tom, ****, and Harry the benefit of the doubt without question just because they claim to be asylum seekers? (Actually, the answer according to the Labour Party seems to have been "yes" :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)

Seriously though, what the hell does "seek asylum" mean? Anybody can say they are asylum seekers. Are we to give every Tom, ****, and Harry the benefit of the doubt without question just because they claim to be asylum seekers? (Actually, the answer according to the Labour Party seems to have been "yes" :rolleyes: )
    Damn right
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though, what the hell does "seek asylum" mean? Anybody can say they are asylum seekers. Are we to give every Tom, ****, and Harry the benefit of the doubt without question just because they claim to be asylum seekers? (Actually, the answer according to the Labour Party seems to have been "yes" )
    It means they seek asylum from persecution. Pretty straight forward. Of course anyone can be an asylum seeker? Do you think we are all so stupid you need point that out? Are we to grant it to ever Tojm **** and harry? Er.. no, that's why each case is judged on its merits. You should join the BNP.

ReputationRep:
    If someone wants to employ them, why not? They may as well help the economy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom_austin)
    What are imagrants?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    What are imagrants?
    This thread title makes baby jesus cry .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by objectivism)
    If someone wants to employ them, why not? They may as well help the economy.
    We actually agree on something!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by an Siarach)
    This thread title makes baby jesus cry .
    On behalf of the simpsons soc I would just like to say, that is the worst allusion to the simpsons EVER.

ReputationRep:
    If they are legal immigrants, then why shouldn't we employ them? They often have skills that are lacking in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Learn to spell ...

ReputationRep:
    If there are jobs then yes they should be able to work after there application has been successful. Does the original poster mean asylum seekers who have entered the country illegally or people whos applications are being processed?

ReputationRep:
    I would like a policy of deportation for all BNP supporters...send them to Africa in a remote region and lets see how this bunch of morons cope. I mean we all know most of them are on benefits so to insult immigrants who come here with no money is very rich of our bnp supporters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LC01)
    It would undercut wages(as they would work for less) we just need to teach them the magic words..........book it,pack it, **** off
    well if theyre going for unskilled work, then everyone would be getting minimum wage - so how does it undercut anyone? (moron -.-)

if they have skilled work, thats better means you dont need to make them skilled, and cheaper wages is good for the average business man?

i bet your one of those lazy bums who thinks they should be paid loads for doing jack all at work, and then you complain when anyone else or an 'imagrant' (:P) takes the job because they actually put in the effort

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frost105)
    If there are jobs then yes they should be able to work after there application has been successful. Does the original poster mean asylum seekers who have entered the country illegally or people whos applications are being processed?
    what happens during an economic recession then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowkin)
    On behalf of the simpsons soc I would just like to say, that is the worst allusion to the simpsons EVER.
    Now thats authority.

ReputationRep:
    book it,pack it, **** off
    And get shot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowkin)
    what happens during an economic recession then?
    then the lazy white man is screwed? o.o...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarforaz)
    then the lazy white man is screwed? o.o...
    No more **** for our average bnp chavster..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexdel)
    No more **** for our average bnp chavster..
    im sure they will manage to take off a large chunk off the taxes to fund their **** and alcohol consumption

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.