Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can ne1 tell me the top 10 Universities for studyind medicine? I have chosen Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History as my my AS choices. Are they suitable?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the choices you chose are suitable. Refer to this website for top universities for studying medicine: http://extras.timesonline.co.uk/good...20medicine.pdf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_2j96)
    Hi, can ne1 tell me the top 10 Universities for studyind medicine? I have chosen Maths, Chemistry, Biology and History as my my AS choices. Are they suitable?
    Here's what the Guaridian thinks:
    http://education.guardian.co.uk/univ...index=2&view=0

As for the ASs, they're fine.

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking Biology Chemistry English and Psychology I know two are arty but most of the prospectus' that i have looked at only require chemistry and biology as compulsory subjects, do you think my A level choices are ok? I mean I don't know whether you need physics or maths, I got an A* in physics and A in maths at GCSE.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need either of them (unless you're thinking of applying to cambridge), I did two 'arty' subjects as well as chemistry and biology and I did fine.

ReputationRep:
    Speaking of good med schools - PMS (Exeter, Truror and Plymouth) - it's not on any league tables as it only opened 3 years ago - but they're cool And you go into hospitals much earlier than other places

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bekaboo)
    Speaking of good med schools - PMS (Exeter, Truror and Plymouth) - it's not on any league tables as it only opened 3 years ago - but they're cool And you go into hospitals much earlier than other places

Most medical schools now have patient contact within the first term of your first week.

ReputationRep:
    League tables mean ****. Go to the universities, see if their courses are right for you then apply. All medicine courses across the country, no matter at which university they are at are equally good.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.