Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i have heard posts from alot of different issues and i wanted to know what people thought about abortian?me and some mates continually argue about this issue!i think that abortian should be illegal(apart from some cases eg rape)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i have heard posts from alot of different issues and i wanted to know what people thought about abortian?me and some mates continually argue about this issue!i think that abortian should be illegal(apart from some cases eg rape)
    i agree with you

ReputationRep:
    it shouldnt be illegal but i dont think its good either...

ReputationRep:
    mods could you please change thi as obviously i have splet it wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna)
    it shouldnt be illegal but i dont think its good either...
    i think it should be because when peope get pregnant(other than rape)its their OWN fault and i think its horrible to take it out on something that in my opinion is a human life!

ReputationRep:
    i think it should be because when peope get pregnant(other than rape)its their OWN fault and i think its horrible to take it out on something that in my opinion is a human life!

what happens if a condom splits or something. that's not their own fault

ReputationRep:
    uh oh... [waiting for crazy anti- and crazy pro-abortionists to clash with a sonic boom]

i think thats true but then wouldnt everyone say they were raped? i believe that even if it were banned people would do it anyway without sterile materials and cause more harm so there should be abortion only up to a week after the... er... concieving. or else just morning-after pills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tommypip)
    yes but they should think about the consequences before they do things !if there mature enoughto have sex then there mature enough to cover the prospect of a baby!

ReputationRep:
    Abortion should be illegal as it is the taking away of life. Who are we to decide who lives and who dies?

However in extreme cases such as rape or where the couple have no means to support a child then perhaps in these cases abortion may be the best thing.

ReputationRep:
    well wear 2

ReputationRep:
    yes but they should think about the consequences before they do things !if there mature enoughto have sex then there mature enough to cover the prospect of a baby!

so what you're saying is you should only have sex if you can support a child

ReputationRep:
    so what you're saying is you should only have sex if you can support a child
    so no bumping if you dont wanna child

mean :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    so no bumping if you dont wanna child

mean :mad:

Exactly. That's what she's essentially arguing

ReputationRep:
    yes,thats quite true but sometimes abortion is the only way.I personally would never do it or think about doing it but its different for some people.

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what country it is,some of you may know.But it is illegal to have an abortian, well there was this artical in a magazine saying about a girl who was raped by her uncle and had a abortion,her sister gave her a mix of something to make her have a miscarridge,without knowing!well anyway her family found out and took her to court and she is now serving time in prison for being raped!(i dont agree with this obviousely!)

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what country it is,some of you may know.But it is illegal to have an abortian, well there was this artical in a magazine saying about a girl who was raped by her uncle and had a abortion,her sister gave her a mix of something to make her have a miscarridge,without knowing!well anyway her family found out and took her to court and she is now serving time in prison for being raped!(i dont agree with this obviousely!)
    It's legal up to a certain time, i think it's 14 weeks (i could be wrong) after that it is illegal because the baby has developed and can feel pain. Something like that.

ReputationRep:
    laws against abortion aren't going to change people having premarital sex- it's a good idea but it wouldn't help much and probably make people attracted to it-- look at when 'god save the queen' (sex pistols) came out. england was pissed because it insulted the queen but had the same title as the national anthem. so when it climbed the charts, they didn't put its name they just put a blank space after its number. thats why it eventually became number one.

not to compare sex to the sex pistols, of course, but laws that restrict people like that will just make things worse. the only viable non-abortion solution i can think of is a stronger adoption system

ReputationRep:
    Your argument is a complete contridiction

Abortion should be banned on moral grounds because a human fetus has a right to life

and

Abortions should be allowed if the pregnancy was not there fault and that somehow retracts from the human fetus right to life..

Whats your justificiation?

ReputationRep:
    what i am trying to say is if i got pregnant i would keep it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Your argument is a complete contridiction

Abortion should be banned on moral grounds because a human fetus has a right to life

and

Abortions should be allowed if the pregnancy was not there fault and that somehow retracts from the human fetus right to life..

Whats your justificiation?
    no i have said that abortion should be illegal unless it is rape!that is not a contradiction!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2003
Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.