Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caz)
    So now you're suggesting consequences to all fertile women in general? Okay then, this really doesn't have to do with going through with an abortion, but okay.
    This has very much to do with abortion. Women have been getting careless with protection because they realise that they can easily get an abortion if they fall pregnant. This is because the negative aspects of abortion are essentially being overlooked. There has been a spreading view that it doesn't matter if a woman gets pregnant because she can just get an abortion and her life will be totally unchanged. This however is not the case.

ReputationRep:
    can u abort a child without ur parents permission?? (i am 17) ... if i had to do it alone

ReputationRep:
    Abortion.....hmmmm.........touch y topic!

Politically, I'm what you would term a libertarian and I absolutely detest these pro-lifer's with their stupid "choose life" car tags.

A woman should have the right to choose and it's absolutely got nothing to do with anybody else.

All this stuff about it being "morally" wrong is complete crap. Who's morals are we talking about here? Since when did society govern itself by "morals"?

Now, I'm not saying I approve of abortion as a form of contraception, but for crying out loud......do we really want laws.......government.......tell ing our women folk what they can and can't do with their own bodies?

What's next? "You are pregnant, and you MUST have this child, and if you can't look after him/her we, THE STATE, will take that child and raise it as our own"

I can't believe the anti-abortion attitude I've read on this post from a group of progressive young folk. I thought I'd stumbled upon a Religious-Right notice board by mistake.

Ban abortion = one giant leap (backwards to a medieval age) for women.

That's my two cents worth!

Howard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Abortion.....hmmmm.........touch y topic!

Politically, I'm what you would term a libertarian and I absolutely detest these pro-lifer's with their stupid "choose life" car tags.

A woman should have the right to choose and it's absolutely got nothing to do with anybody else.

All this stuff about it being "morally" wrong is complete crap. Who's morals are we talking about here? Since when did society govern itself by "morals"?

Now, I'm not saying I approve of abortion as a form of contraception, but for crying out loud......do we really want laws.......government.......tell ing our women folk what they can and can't do with their own bodies?

What's next? "You are pregnant, and you MUST have this child, and if you can't look after him/her we, THE STATE, will take that child and raise it as our own"

I can't believe the anti-abortion attitude I've read on this post from a group of progressive young folk. I thought I'd stumbled upon a Religious-Right notice board by mistake.

Ban abortion = one giant leap (backwards to a medieval age) for women.

That's my two cents worth!

Howard
    So currently then, whats legal and whats not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    It's weird because religon plays a bit part as well as culture and the country that your in. England has an exception that if the baby is disabled and it looks hopless which happened to a mate of mine she was told the kid would not live because it didnt even have half a brain and the brain part was lost that would tell it to breathe pump blood urinate etc everything basically in cases like that the baby can be aborted anytime even up to the birth. but normally there are strict limits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    and may I say very nice quote at the bottom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kissmequick)
    and may I say very nice quote at the bottom
    My pleasure

ReputationRep:
    im confused poeple on he use big words and i'm not clever to understand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    im confused poeple on he use big words and i'm not clever to understand
    they it's probably better you leave hun, we are demonstrating are sprettzatura as males its a typical example of proving our machismo. But dont worry you dont have to understand say something random 9 out of ten times it will fit in the one time well you'll get laughed at! lol

ReputationRep:
    they it's probably better you leave hun, we are demonstrating are sprettzatura as males its a typical example of proving our machismo. But dont worry you dont have to understand say something random 9 out of ten times it will fit in the one time well you'll get laughed at! lol

eh what you blabbering about??? something about been machismo eh???

ReputationRep:
    eh what you blabbering about??? something about been machismo eh???
    machismo is demonstrating the males machoness, and the s wors i cant be arsed to type again means use of wit without having to try!
    I.e we are trying to look smart and manly, its all male orientated and a bunch of *******s basically

ReputationRep:
    machismo is demonstrating the males machoness, and the s wors i cant be arsed to type again means use of wit without having to try!
    I.e we are trying to look smart and manly, its all male orientated and a bunch of *******s basically

ah right gotcha....god that was hard work *phew*

ReputationRep:
    ah right gotcha....god that was hard work *phew*
    your not the only one working up a sweat! lol This is weird im talking to you in two forums at once, yeah im multitasking!!!!

ReputationRep:
    your not the only one working up a sweat! lol This is weird im talking to you in two forums at once, yeah im multitasking!!!!
    i'm trying to work and talk in like 4 different forums eek!!!

ReputationRep:
    i'm trying to work and talk in like 4 different forums eek!!!
    aaahhh but your a woman..... i hope..... wait lemmie check bend over.....yep you are! women cant do loadsa things at once but its seriously hard for a guy to do two and almost impossible to do two important tasks requiring concentration. e/g when im doing something i.e. working i cant hear anyone speak dunno why but for some reason i can sing to a song lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrzySxyCool)
    i have heard posts from alot of different issues and i wanted to know what people thought about abortian?me and some mates continually argue about this issue!i think that abortian should be illegal(apart from some cases eg rape)
    well you have to consider what would happen if it was illegal. have you ever heard of back alley abortions? these are abortions that take place in countries where they don't allow abortion. Thousands of women in AMERICA died from these each year before we legalised abortion. they are incredibly unsterile and almost always put the womens life in danger, and often result in death. however, in america, the rich would not be getting these, they would hop on a plane, fly to argentina or something, and get a sterile abortion there. but the poor, since they couldn't afford that wouldn't have that option and would end up getting a back alley abortion, which could very well kill them.

i think abortion is immoral, but i believe that a persons morals should be decided by themselves, and not by the government!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    Christians believe ensoulment takes place at conception, i.e. the moment of human life beginning. Can you prove it doesn't occur then?
    Regarding 'mothers rights' - they are paramount in the Abortion Act - babies rights do not exist.
    A true story - a baby was aborted at 21 weeks and was born alive - the child was left to die in a dish, which it did do after 3 hours. If that same child had not been aborted every effort would have been made to help it survive - incubator, intensive medical treatment etc.
    How sad - one tiny person not entitled to a life, the other ones live very precious.
    How immoral!!
    yes but not everyone is christian, you see?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm im in two minds with abortion,

firstly i strongly believe in the right for women to choose, government has no right in deciding such an important part of someones life.

however the idea of "ending" (i use the word carefully) a babies life due to the fact that a woman isnt ready or "cant afford it" etc etc sits badly with me. nothing religious in my thinking but..

i think ppl tend to approach abortion wrongly. the idea that women think that "oh i can have an abortion it'll be ok" is a bit out of touch, i cant imagine the mental/moral turmoil a woman must go through when faced with the dilemma of abortion

ReputationRep:
    theres never gonna be a deffinent answer it will be argued forever!!! Make your own opinion based on facts and morals and stick to what you get

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2003
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.