Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've had some fantastic school trips in sixth form, absolutely fabby.

I've been on two three day trips to Paris to a European Politics conference (I got to see the god that is Michael Portillo, woo! Oh, and Lizo from Newsround.. he's very small)

I went on a nine day Classics trip to Italy, which was one of the best holidays I've ever had. We went to Rome, Pisa, Venice, Florence. I have some great memories of that holiday.

I've also been on trips to Cambridge to see Oedipus Rex, I've been to a local theatre to see Antigone, I went to London to visit Parliament (but we never actually got in because of enormous queues, so we went shopping instead).

Sixth form has definitely been fantastic for school trips. There's so much more freedom when you're on sixth form trips as opposed to lower school trips. It's quite depressing that I'll never be able to go on a school trip again *sniff*

ReputationRep:
    At sixth form induction today we got told about the geography trip to Iceland - it looks fantastic! 560 pounds though! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Went to London for a media trip - it was like a conference thing with guests including Tony Benn, the guy from crimewatch etc. Only watched 2 of them speak, then a friend and I sneeked off went shopping, then ended in a pub for the rest of the day - got very drunk and held the bus up cos we didn't turn up. Was well funny though!!!!

No trips to foreign countries though- you guys r sooo lucky.

Went to Barcelona, Austria and Germany though during lower school, it was wicked!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to the USA with school later this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emzz)
    AUSTRALIA??? WHAT IS THIS??not fair not fair not fair :mad: hehehehe was it any good? what did you have to do? :cool:
    it was great! it cost £1400, and we went to singapore, cairns and then sydney. we did snorkling on the great barrier reef, walking thru the rainforest, went on a cape tribulation tour, went on a tour of singapore, went on a harbour cruise of sydney, went up sydney tower, went shoppin in singapore, cairns and sydney! went horse riding thu the rainforest, went white water rafting, loads of stuff! it was absol. the best trip EVER!!!!!! this time last year, i was snorjeling on the great barrier reef in cairns and was the 1st time i ever spoke to my best mate! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final_F)
    At sixth form induction today we got told about the geography trip to Iceland - it looks fantastic! 560 pounds though! :eek:
    I went on a geology trip to iceland last year for a week.

A truly fantastic, and unusual country. It is very expensive but if you go with a school its alot LESS expensive than going privately. To save costs we even slept on the floor of a gym for most of it. But we were in a 4 star hotel with some of the best food i've ever had. All sorts of meats and fish they had their, icelandic chefs know their stuff!

Things we got to see:

1) Geysir, where we say geyser's (sp?) very cool indeed if you've never seen one.
    2) Gulfoss, biggest, baddest waterfall you'll see...
    3) Went on this amazing walk in the icelandic mountains. Think lord of the rings style country, huge glaciers and ice caps everywhere and not a person in site. Its the least populated place in europe and is basically untouched by man in most areas.
    4) Went white water rafting, very cold water but one of the funnest things ever. + the water is so clean you can just stick your head in and drink it and it tastes lovely.
    5) Saw lots of geological stuff, which is intresting if you do geology, like me.

Amazing!

ReputationRep:
    I have had one trip all year which was a Physics trip to Thorpe Park. In my old school, I had none whatsoever

Zakatu: I want to go to Iceland now!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.