The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

How many days a week do you go into uni ?

i am going to go to glasgow uni next year but i want to know how many days most students go in for, this includes lectures, seminars, workshops but not including revising at library. at my university at the moment i go in for 3-4 days a week. i want to find out so i could figure out how many days a week i could go to work for when i do get my self a part time job.
Reply 1
tolgahan09
i am going to go to glasgow uni next year but i want to know how many days most students go in for, this includes lectures, seminars, workshops but not including revising at library. at my university at the moment i go in for 3-4 days a week. i want to find out so i could figure out how many days a week i could go to work for when i do get my self a part time job.

Depends on the course. I'd imagine you'll be in every day for the first year at least.

I'm in 5 days a week in my third year, although I haven't been to lectures for almost 5 weeks.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I'm in first year and am in 3 days 10-5 (various lectures and tutorials, with quite a bit of library time in the spare time during the day) and on a Monday i'm only in for an hour. Fridays off!!
Reply 3
In first year I was in five days a week, but that's because of the courses I chose.
Reply 4
I only have 3 days a week.
Five hours total for my course.

Madness.
Reply 5
It really depends on what course you're doing. Some people I know have pretty much 9-5 5 days a week. And then others have fewer than 10 lectures a week, so it can work out they have a day off. Getting two days off from weekdays would be unusual, I think, but possible.

So what type of course are you thinking of?
Reply 6
I go to glasgow - 1st year- and i'm in 5 days a week but i dont start till 12 so its all good.It all depends on what subjects you're doing
Reply 7
i will be doin economics if it all goes accordingly to plan
Reply 8
5 days a week for me. :creep:
I'm meant to go in five days a week :ninja:.
Reply 10
five
Reply 11
Five days, but they aren't terribly long, like 10-3 most days and I only have one thing on fridays. I don't know why I chose a tutorial for friday when I could have had the day off!
4 one week, 5 the second. Not awfully busy, maybe two or three hours a day. Tons of private study, pretty much tutorial driven for most classes and they require a good few hours work in preparation.
Five days a week, but usually only one or two lectures a day. At 9am, of course. I get Thursday off next semester.
In first year i had one day off. This year I'm in every day, but on three days i finish at 1.
Reply 15
Economics you'll have 3 lectures a week (hr long) and a tutorial.
Dentistry and medicine are pretty much 9-5 but for LBSS or arts, think sciences is similar, you'll prob end up with about 4hrs per subject per week. (with 3 subjects in 1st yr)
But as long as they dont take attendence you dont have to go to all of them!!!
KateDoll
Economics you'll have 3 lectures a week (hr long) and a tutorial.
Dentistry and medicine are pretty much 9-5 but for LBSS or arts, think sciences is similar, you'll prob end up with about 4hrs per subject per week. (with 3 subjects in 1st yr)
But as long as they dont take attendence you dont have to go to all of them!!!

Not time-tabled classes. The medicine curriculum is very much based on self-directed learning. It's rare to have a 9-5 day in first year. There's a few more in second year but it's often just half a day. If you looked at a first year medic's timetable, you'd think they're never in at all!

Third year is different as you spend more time in hospitals and GPs. I have something every day (with maybe one day off per month) but it's not 9-5 every day, just some days.

I believe dentistry is similar.
Five days a week. Supposedly :ninja:
Im in first year and Im in 5 days a week but only for two hours on a Friday :smile:
Hi all wondering I anyone could be of
help to me
I was thinking of studying at Bristol uwe to do a social worker course part time
due to need to keep my job how many
days will this be pls?
also how many days is it full time
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest