Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Issit possible to get into a 6 year medicine course?

If i get
    AAAa

in maths physics media psychology, would there be much chance of me getting into a 6year course. I have the neccessary work experience, just a matter of if there are any spaces which i very much doubt.

Also, i heard that in czech republic and romania it is fairly easy to get into medical school over there from the U.K. Anyone know any information on this? My friends brother is @ a medical school in Romania [but he is on holiday].

Also, anyone know any other medical schools in europe that i may have a chance of getting into next year?

appreciate the help, thankyou in advance

ReputationRep:
    I see no reason why you would not have a chance getting onto a 5 year med course with a foundation year - you don't have biology or chemistry but that's the point of the foundation course - they teach you all the biology and chemistry you need in order to do the 5 year course...

So I'd say you should give it a go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nas7232)
    Issit possible to get into a 6 year medicine course?

If i get
    AAAa

in maths physics media psychology, would there be much chance of me getting into a 6year course. I have the neccessary work experience, just a matter of if there are any spaces which i very much doubt.

Also, i heard that in czech republic and romania it is fairly easy to get into medical school over there from the U.K. Anyone know any information on this? My friends brother is @ a medical school in Romania [but he is on holiday].

Also, anyone know any other medical schools in europe that i may have a chance of getting into next year?

appreciate the help, thankyou in advance
    Probably not - 6 year courses are there to give those who don't ordinarily get the chance to prove themselves a shot at medicine. If you go to a **** school howvere, and get those grades... well, the world is probably your oyster....

Feel free to go to the Czech republic to qualify... You have to be fully fluent in Czech by the end of your 1st year to pass through to year 2... And at those prices...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 24, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.