Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone taking this exam on 30th??

I have no idea what to revise and in how much depth, as well as being completely unfamiliar with the AQA economics mark-scheme etc!

Help, anyone????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domjohn)
    Is anyone taking this exam on 30th??

I have no idea what to revise and in how much depth, as well as being completely unfamiliar with the AQA economics mark-scheme etc!

Help, anyone????
    Well, if you did excel then you would have chosen either developmental or labour economics. AQA covers both so you'll be at a disadvantage in whichever one you didnt do.

ReputationRep:
    I did OCR! I know the questions are non-excludable to all of the exam boards, so I'm not expecting to be at a disadvantage where content is concerned.

How do the essays break down? For AQA, are 10 mark questions fairly short answers, or are they essay type ones??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domjohn)
    I did OCR! I know the questions are non-excludable to all of the exam boards, so I'm not expecting to be at a disadvantage where content is concerned.

How do the essays break down? For AQA, are 10 mark questions fairly short answers, or are they essay type ones??
    Basically, from the past AEA papers i've looked at its the following;

Data Response - 10/10/20/20/20 marks

1 x Microecon essay (choice of 2) - 40marks
    1 x Macroecon essay (choice of 2) - 40marks

Its 45mins per 40marks basically - so I would say the essays are fairly substaintial.

ReputationRep:
    I've found the same when looking at past papers.

However, with the OCR A level exams, there is a clear difference between the 10 mark essays and the 15 mark essays- one focuses mainly on describing and the other discussion. I'm guessing the clues will be in the questions on this exam.

The timings seem to be fairly generous, and my teacher says it pays dividends to spend a substantial proportion of the time planning and making sure your arguments are coherent... apparently it is the most enjoyable economics exam you can take as it allows you to explore your knowledge, rather than prove it within a limited sphere, such as A levels.... I'm not quite sure I can see the same attraction myself.... it is a 3 hour exam afterall.

ReputationRep:
    lol im taking it just cos......dont' really care if i fail it to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    ok that sounded bad lol but the thing is i don't know and i don't think im going to revise for it. i mean none of my universities have offered me anything with AEA it'll just be fun to see how it is and if i do get a result out of it then great! but i won't be too worried or worked up about it: im going out the night before! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posh_git)
    ok that sounded bad lol but the thing is i don't know and i don't think im going to revise for it. i mean none of my universities have offered me anything with AEA it'll just be fun to see how it is and if i do get a result out of it then great! but i won't be too worried or worked up about it: im going out the night before! :P
    I'm taking it, but I'm doing no revision as I have politics synoptic the same day which is a wee bit more important. I'm looking forward to getting my first ever U

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it too, what fun! :rolleyes:
    TBH, it doesn't look that bad (she says) since I do the Cambridge International Exams CIE board, which is probably one of teh hardest there is :eek: and our A Level questions themselves can get a bit eewww. Only downside is because the board is international, it means we don't cover anything about the UK economy...will haveto rely on gereral knowledge I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    *cries and falls over* I have a crucial 1 1/2 hour Politics exam in the afternoon and I'm stuck with this evil in the morning, the first question I read on a past paper was on wage differentials.
    I'm /so/ glad I don't do AQA Economics *rolls eyes*

ReputationRep:
    I am :hello:

ReputationRep:
    What kind of revision is everyone doing?

ReputationRep:
    none and I'm going to fail because of it

ReputationRep:
    lol sersiously guys... who REVISES for aea? it's just something your teachers push you into isnt it? I have it on thurs but nothing else in the way of exams - I counted today as the end of my exams - I couldn't care less what I get in this stupid thing, I'm just annoyed I have to go and take 3 hours out of my day to avoid being fined by the school!

ReputationRep:
    u get fined by the school? lol i suppose it IS around £30!!!!

not going to do any revision.

i think it mite be fun, actually.

am doing it for the sake of it: hoped that it would give me an edge when applying to cambridge but obviously did not work.

b*****ds lol. will get drunk the night before on the .........ECONOMICS "DO"!

ReputationRep:
    just looking at the past papers, it is divided into 3 sections. the first is data response

section B is market failure

section C is national and international economies.

so should i just look over OCR economics modules 1 2 and 3?

ReputationRep:
    My school doesn't do AEAs....am I missing out? I feel so under-qualified!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChrisH2107)
    My school doesn't do AEAs....am I missing out? I feel so under-qualified!
    Believe me I'm not sure any of us are actually looking forward to this exam. I really can't be bothered

ReputationRep:
    lol my school doesn't offer them anyway? i made them put me in for the exam! lol

ReputationRep:
    where are are the AEA economists going next year?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.