Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manatee)
    Fear of dogs isn't as irrational on the whole, I think - they can be dangerous and can attack people, so it's not a bad idea to be cautious. There is something about spiders, though, which makes my skin crawl. I'm not afraid of them in the sense that I think they might harm me (I know they won't) but seeing a big spider, or just thinking about it, actually makes me physically shudder. It's the only thing which has that effect on me (as far as I know, anyway!).

I also think there are degrees of fear (or revulsion): I wouldn't particularly want to touch an earthworm, for example, or a big beetle, but they simply don't provoke the same panic as spiders...

Just my two cents' worth .
    I'm scared of dogs to. When Iwas 2 an alsation jumped up at me, and knocked me over, and I've been scared since, I'm scared of some cats too :mad: If theres a dog and I'm alone, I sometimes consider turning around and taking a different route, the fear used to be a lot worse, I can walk past them if there is an owner near them now, which I was well scared of doing about 5 or 6 years ago.

Don't know where my fear of spiders came from/or insects or moths/flys Went in the the bathroom late the other night, massive spider on the wall, right above the toilet, it was well fast moving, it started danging down above the toilet, and the bathroom is well small, so I was running out of the bathroom, went back in and it was next to the window, but I didn't want to stay in there incase it had a web attached from one side of bathroom to the other and it decided to absail down on to me :mad:

Also scared of moths, even though my family always just say what are you scared of them for, they are only lik talcum powder :eek: Well has anyone here ever seem a bit of flying talc, because I certainly haven't!

Anyway what do spiders nest look like, I want to go and hunt some down so that the spiders die before they decide to come out!! Actually I think there might be some on the outside of the window downstairs, are they like a think grey/white web with a big black think inside???

ReputationRep:
    ....the legs

iv seen the one has really tiny boy but incredibly long legs...but i think they looks beautiful in the tv :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by braders89)
    there more scared of you than you are of them
    how many times have i heard that one???? as much as it is probably true, it does not help!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by braders89)
    god i bloody hope not
    heh its just added protein...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lesser weevil)
    heh its just added protein...
    hehehe at least we all get a balanced diet then without trying

ReputationRep:
    ooooo spiders, yum :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    ooooo spiders, yum :rolleyes:
    Is it true that house spiders are the most venomous but they cant harm humans because their claws arent sharp enough to pierce the skin?

ReputationRep:
    haha oo just saw one on my wall with this really fat back and when i went to kill it i noticed it was carrying a good 200 eggs :rofl: so yeah all 201 are dead now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    haha oo just saw one on my wall with this really fat back and when i went to kill it i noticed it was carrying a good 200 eggs :rofl: so yeah all 201 are dead now
    i'm gonna report you to the rspca!!!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    i'm gonna report you to the rspca!!!! :p:
    rspcs!

Please Note: Bolton is now Spider-Free.

ReputationRep:
    On wednesday i had two spiders in my room and my mum got out one and my dad was getting the other but he missed it and it went under my bed so i kicked him out of his bed and slept with my mum untill today and dad had to sleep in the spare room he he. I cleaned my room today though and used the hoover on all of them ha ha ha
    to advoid spiders just dont open ur window. Its the safest bet.
    And always check ur dressing gown or jacket before u put it on. Twice i have done that and a spider had been on or in it.

ReputationRep:
    rspcs!

Please Note: Bolton is now Spider-Free.
    ooo yer lol btw.. do u have the number for that????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silverfish)
    On wednesday i had two spiders in my room and my mum got out one and my dad was getting the other but he missed it and it went under my bed so i kicked him out of his bed and slept with my mum untill today and dad had to sleep in the spare room he he. I cleaned my room today though and used the hoover on all of them ha ha ha
    to advoid spiders just dont open ur window. Its the safest bet.
    And always check ur dressing gown or jacket before u put it on. Twice i have done that and a spider had been on or in it.

:eek: :eek: I never check mine, and they are hung up on my bed post next to my pillow, think I'll move them :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *starry_eyed_*)
    ooo yer lol btw.. do u have the number for that????
    oh yeah of course i.. dont. no sorry..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    Is it true that house spiders are the most venomous but they cant harm humans because their claws arent sharp enough to pierce the skin?
    I have no idea, but house spiders are the tastiest.

ReputationRep:

Good! Imagine having 201 spiders suddenly appearing in your room, if there were that many at my house, i'd move out,, or live in a tent in the back garden

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Markus505)
    Oh believe me, they do bite and can pierce the skin. But unless you suffer from an allergic response it is perfectly harmless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Oh believe me, they do bite and can pierce the skin. But unless you suffer from an allergic response it is perfectly harmless.

They Bite? OH no...

ReputationRep:
    psycho talk to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    Uhuh that was the other thing, allergic reactions. I never get close enough to the buggers to get bitten anyway. Whats all this rubbish about the spiders being more scared of us than we are them? They're evil buggars who go for your feet :mad:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.