Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Potter)

I don't mean physically close.
    Oh. Like not reading every word, then?

(Original post by ++Hex++)
    Oh. Like not reading every word, then?
    Ya. I mean I have trouble concentrating when reading long descriptive paragraphs and so end up not reading every word.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    I do, can't stand it.
    Isn't very realistic and is very annoying that people are obsessed by it.
    I can think of better things to be obsessed with, really.
    It's not realistic? Can I ask you something? Did you like Lord of the Rings? Do you honestly think that Frodo Baggins really existed and really set out on a trek to destroy the ring? How can you just automatically dislike any novel classified as fantasy that isn't realistic? And another thing, people get obsessed with way more annoying things than Harry Potter. I wonder, have you even read any of the books?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikie)
    who agrees?
    i fink it suks cos there r a bunch of reli smart ppl who spend all thier time reading it and they dont get any friends, i just find that sad

ReputationRep:
    oh, dear god. I hope you were at least trying to sound as stupid as you did.

ReputationRep:
    oh come on, it's not that bad. I've read a few of them... i would say a good book for a kid. I think it was designed to make children read more. And i think JK Rowlings has so far succeeded.

There would be nothing like the "classics". Is Lord of the Rings that good?

ReputationRep:
    i agree

ReputationRep:
    I read a wide variety of literature, whilst the Harry Potter books aren’t the best of literature they’re good fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    I read a wide variety of literature, whilst the Harry Potter books aren’t the best of literature they’re good fun
    I agree, I don't know why people are so offended by them! I'm not a fan of Lord of the Rings but just because I personally don't like it, doesn't mean it 'sucks' :rolleyes: If everyone liked the same things, the world would be v boring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobmarley)
    i fink it suks cos there r a bunch of reli smart ppl who spend all thier time reading it and they dont get any friends, i just find that sad
    and u must be one of these smart people with loads of friends that doesn't read it then.

ReputationRep:
    you know dude, Dude, you've got a point, hehehe...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikie)
    who agrees?
    I dont.. i think that HP is a brilliantly written book, which probably took alot of thought and time. I like them even though they are supposed to b children's books because they are written in a very natural way, that kind of mixes the magic into the ordinary way of life.

ReputationRep:
    He sure does. If your gonna spend your time reading fantasy at least read the Tolkien ones. He wrote good books at least

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 11, 2004
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.