Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluent in Lies)
    I did the control of insect pests and how human activiteis affect biodiversity.

How the fork are you meant to write for 25 marks about mitochondria?
    did the same as you!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayrox)
    as if! :p:
    i take that back now. The past papers were easy but now I think I didnt get a distinction in AEA Chem now. Biology one was actually easier this year. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    The past papers were easy but now I think I didnt get a distinction in AEA Chem now.
    Distinction? I do not think I scrap a merit in chemistry. :/ Although bio was much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    Distinction? I do not think I scrap a merit in chemistry. :/ Although bio was much better.
    but i failed many biology AEAs with only a merit on one paper........ do you know if you can appeal if the results aren't as good as expected?

ReputationRep:
    but i failed many biology AEAs with only a merit on one paper........ do you know if you can appeal if the results aren't as good as expected?
    You mean practise peapers? Is there any point in appealing? AEA does not give you any advantage in anything so why bother?

ReputationRep:
    What did you put on the first questions on the sloth

ReputationRep:
    What was that question about?

ReputationRep:
    cant remember.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    You mean practise peapers? Is there any point in appealing? AEA does not give you any advantage in anything so why bother?
    considering I put loads of effort into doing revision and past papers, i am just annoyed if I dont get the grade i wanted. though I don't care about physics or maths AEA... i am going to fail them anyway! But Chemistry, NOOO!!!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    considering I put loads of effort into doing revision and past papers, i am just annoyed if I dont get the grade i wanted. though I don't care about physics or maths AEA... i am going to fail them anyway! But Chemistry, NOOO!!!!!
    I can understand that. I put 0 effort as I have done no revision and only one past peaper. Anyway is there any point in doing AEA? My teachers tell me that it is a waste of time. You have done 3/4 AEA so can I ask why? Do you think they give some advantage or do you just like streching yourself and sitting difficult exams?

ReputationRep:
    the questions were like what is the advantage of the sloth having its veins and arteries side by side and why is the relative heart mass of the sloth correted

ReputationRep:
    For the veins and arteries it was contra current principle, blood gets wormer as it flows so less energy is lost etc. There was very similar question in January unit 4 AQA B bio exam. For the correction of the mass I think it is simply for fair comparisment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    I can understand that. I put 0 effort as I have done no revision and only one past peaper. Anyway is there any point in doing AEA? My teachers tell me that it is a waste of time. You have done 3/4 AEA so can I ask why? Do you think they give some advantage or do you just like streching yourself and sitting difficult exams?
    not sounding arrogant but AEAs are actually challenging and are actually quite interesting to do.

Advantage? Probably not, I doubt employers will know what AEAs are really. Its just I put in loads of effort into this Chemistry AEA but all that effort has gone to waste. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    not sounding arrogant but AEAs are actually challenging and are actually quite interesting to do.
    I have found the experience quite interesting too. I am just asking as I am not very familiar with UK school system and all those different qualifications so I was just curious if AEA give some real advantage or are there just for pleasure and amusment of examiners reading my script .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by belis)
    I have found the experience quite interesting too. I am just asking as I am not very familiar with UK school system and all those different qualifications so I was just curious if AEA give some real advantage or are there just for pleasure and amusment of examiners reading my script .
    oh i see. AEAs, if you get them you'd probably look smart but not many unis want AEAs apart from Oxbridge (lots of subjects), Warwick or Bath for maths.

They wont be amused when looking through my rubbish 50-page booklet loads of stuff crossed out etc. lol.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 29, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.