Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i did this for AQA B synoptic paper...

what did anyone put? i just talked about thermo and osmo regulation, para/sympa pathways, glucose regulation control of heartbeat..breathing rate..

all mainly module 4 and a bit of mod 3 stuff...no scientific breadth exemplified

i sat in the exams trying to think about other "living organisms" and still dont know whether plants or bacteria do anything negative feedback-e-ey

ReputationRep:
    exactly the same topics. also neg feedback in menstrual cycle but thats a unit 8 topic

ReputationRep:
    mine didnt go well at all! i did temperature, glucose and getting rid of CO2 after exercise, didnt have time to include anything else!

ReputationRep:
    I only managed 3 examples aswell. Did glucose, CO2 after exercise and osmoregulation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priyababy)
    i did this for AQA B synoptic paper...

what did anyone put? i just talked about thermo and osmo regulation, para/sympa pathways, glucose regulation control of heartbeat..breathing rate..

all mainly module 4 and a bit of mod 3 stuff...no scientific breadth exemplified

i sat in the exams trying to think about other "living organisms" and still dont know whether plants or bacteria do anything negative feedback-e-ey
    If you've seen the mark scheme for June 2004/ Jan 2005 you'll see that the essays are being marked in a different (and fairer) way now. I'd imagine that the negative feedback essay probably had for scientific content, an overview as one topic and the many different examples which could be selected; of course people wont have written all of them because there simply wasn't enough time. The big thing the chief examiner spoke about (at a revision day I went on) was this principle of 'four double ticks'; basically a meaty paragraph gets a double tick, a less meaty one gets a single tick. Four double ticks places an essay firmly in the 'good' parimeters (e.g. 12-16) for scientific knowledge. Thus, the fact you had three examples is more than sufficient, as it is likely you began with an overview of what negative feedback is and how it relates to homeostasis.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2005
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.