Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed that theres a rape thread..AND..and abortion thread...then there are loadsa boyfriend/girlfriend trouble threads along with other highly important, problem related stuff like a_musical_gal's internet connection being cancelled etc..

so i just thought that we shud have a thread called sommat like "I've got problems" and people can post all their stuff in there, and we can have somebody like adhsur who helps people overcome their problems by finding appropriate solutions, e.g get freeserve, its only £7.99.

P.S if you have serious problems, then join The Way for 24 hr support

ReputationRep:
    I have problems *sigh*. How should i avoid emotional fluctuations??? One minute I'm on top of the world and nothing could be better and the next I'm in floods of tears and just feel awful. Don't think either Adhsur or Freeserve can help with that

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    I have problems *sigh*. How should i avoid emotional fluctuations??? One minute I'm on top of the world and nothing could be better and the next I'm in floods of tears and just feel awful. Don't think either Adhsur or Freeserve can help with that

Join the way, all the answers shall be revealed.
    Btw, have you tried going to sleep in the day, and workin at night? that might work.

ReputationRep:

are the cycles short term (ie daily) or long term (eg a month)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    are the cycles short term (ie daily) or long term (eg a month)
    Short term; well they tend to be. Its really weird, there are times when I feel like doing nothing but just crying and then a couple of hours' later I'll be absolutely fine.

ReputationRep:
    Short term; well they tend to be. Its really weird, there are times when I feel like doing nothing but just crying and then a couple of hours' later I'll be absolutely fine.

Music! When I'm sad I listen to happy music, and then all is well once more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    I've noticed that theres a rape thread..AND..and abortion thread...then there are loadsa boyfriend/girlfriend trouble threads along with other highly important, problem related stuff like a_musical_gal's internet connection being cancelled etc..

so i just thought that we shud have a thread called sommat like "I've got problems" and people can post all their stuff in there, and we can have somebody like adhsur who helps people overcome their problems by finding appropriate solutions, e.g get freeserve, its only £7.99.

i'm sure we've started advice threads before... they never seem to work...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    yeaaah, i hav a problem. what nationality is jesus christ?

i read in the books that he is from bethlehem, however, i hav deduced that he is indian.

wears open toe sandals - INDIAN
    wears long dress-like garments made of cheap material - INDIAN
    works 4 his dad, who is a carpenter - INDIAN
    and, and..........in what other country can u feed 5000 people with a few loaves of bread and a fish? - INDIA

u see, i am confused, coz i reckon jesus christ is indian.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mean to sound mean or anything but the mood swings could have something to do with depression. I have a friend that is on medication for it. Check it out.

And yeah music or a good book or really anything to get your mind off of your problems can help a lot.

Please don't be offended I'm just trying to help. Some people don't like to hear that therre might be something wrong with them.

ReputationRep:
    well, if he was born in bethlhem, which is in jew-land, then OBVIOUSLY he is jewish. durr. i think jewish's do all that too. i have real problems too. *sigh* and mostly all male related. i wish i didn't have feelings. wish i was a robot, like your one from red dwarf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aine)
    well, if he was born in bethlhem, which is in jew-land, then OBVIOUSLY he is jewish. durr. i think jewish's do all that too. i have real problems too. *sigh* and mostly all male related. i wish i didn't have feelings. wish i was a robot, like your one from red dwarf.

Kryten

ReputationRep:

I'd say you have everything going for you right now ie mates, uni, tutor(s) so I'm surprised to hear that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    I'd say you have everything going for you right now ie mates, uni, tutor(s) so I'm surprised to hear that.
    We all get a bit down sometimes, no matter just how good things may be going for us. Doesn't take much actually. Something so simple as an odour can trigger a bit of depression in even the happiest of people.

ReputationRep:

Interesting, would seem you feel you are missing something, perhaps lack of self-worth and mistrust in your own choices, thoughts, ideas, questions, etc. This can lead to guilt, which has a way of creeping up on people when they are feeling happy. They feel they it is only sooner or later before they are no longer happy. The truth is, you have to learn to trust yourself, and be happy as simply being happy. Emotions are not your natural state, they are indicators of your own inner-struggle. Happiness, beauty, trust are your natural state. Innocent, but real. They do not have to go away; only when you let them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jools)
    What do u mean, 'tutor(s)

No, mates aren't really existent, uni isn't going spectacularly.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dxxx)
    I don't mean to sound mean or anything but the mood swings could have something to do with depression. I have a friend that is on medication for it. Check it out.

And yeah music or a good book or really anything to get your mind off of your problems can help a lot.

Please don't be offended I'm just trying to help. Some people don't like to hear that therre might be something wrong with them.
    Do not turn to medication. Depression can be cured by freeing yourself internally. People who "need medication" may also rely on society and the things society offers as a means to filling this (I'll be cliche and say "void"), as if they somehow are not complete without something other than their self.

You can survive sitting in and living in a cave for the rest of your life; all you need is food and water. If you believe you cannot, first evaluate what you think you cannot live without, and then ask yourself why, and why you feel you need it, and why you feel you yourself are not good enough without it. Don't say, "Because it makes me happy!" Because if you rely on it and use this excuse, you are saying your happiness is less than whole without it (assuming it would be "more" with it); and that is the first indication that you are dependent.

I am using this as an example, because people who do not desire to feel complete really are liberated.

ReputationRep:

No, mates aren't really existent, uni isn't going spectacularly.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Surely you have some mates. What about that person who always seems to want to speak to you, but backs off because you seem a little busy and they don't wish to disturb>?

ReputationRep:
    You, postgrad tutors, OxRo, the one from Keble etc.

Why's uni not going spectacularly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShOcKzZ)
    Dont you mean if you join the way, you have serious problems and need 24 hr support?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aine)
    the funny thing about jesus is that even tho he was jewish, no jews actually recognise him.(i dont mean in the street, i mean as the son of God.) i think they're still waiting for the Messiah. Is that right?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.